Installed a 34DATR today

mmudge

True Classic
I am very impressed, though the performance was only improved a little. It's much better off the line, tachs to 6k in 1, 2 and a stretch in 3rd. I know 3rd is a long gear in the tranny so it's not that big a deal. I would like to get it there quicker in 3rd but I know what it takes to make that work. Been there, done that, on my '75 X, a car I should have never sold. A reasonably priced 35/75 would do the trick but I'm done with mods.

Can anyone tell me if there is a good way to get the carb to WOT? The linkage arm on the carb is a few degrees off. I also had to modify the phenolic plate to accomodate additional metal.

I can't believe how solid the motor is. The plugs look perfect when checked, no burning oil, no drips, or pings. I do have some front end issues though. More on that later.

Mudge

I responded in the other thread currently up and so have others. Why a new thread? This stuff just makes searching the archives in the future more difficult, and why there are several threads on the DAT series in the archives that arent worth a crap (I know I spent 2 solid days reading every thread and post)....not trying to be offensive, just sayin

Back