interest in x1/9 shop manual?

wannabfast

Thai with a 78 in MN
wondering if anyone would be interested in the complete fiat x1/9 service manual(not haynes) its only for the 1500's but it cover FI and carb models

i am getting it converted it to pdf and going to put them on cd or dvd so you wouldnt need to be connected to the internet to view it, and hopefully IF kinkos does it right, will be very legible as the condition of this manual is in VERY good condition and very clean pages, i dont want to make actual copies as this book is very thick and some pages fold out, well over 500 pages, the binder is as thick as a phone book:grin:

my next question is how much would you be willing to compensate me for said stuff? obviously if i sent the pdf file via email vs actually sending a disk out the price would be significantly different, however im expecting this file to be well over 50mb

Have you already paid them to scan it? Hope not :)

This has been done several times already. One of our own member clubs even hosts a version, I believe. Somewhere, I also have an archive saved of an older scan from about 10 years back.

from what i recall, those scans werent that great to begin with, i was just looking for input, i just wanted a digital copy of it

I would want one

Hey.
Being on the net isnt always easy when needeing Fiat info so either cd/pdf (the cd would have the pdf on it so i could print it i guess)
I would pay for this so let me know what you are thinking
Thanks

wondering if anyone would be interested in the complete fiat x1/9 service manual(not haynes) its only for the 1500's but it cover FI and carb models

i am getting it converted it to pdf and going to put them on cd or dvd so you wouldnt need to be connected to the internet to view it, and hopefully IF kinkos does it right, will be very legible as the condition of this manual is in VERY good condition and very clean pages, i dont want to make actual copies as this book is very thick and some pages fold out, well over 500 pages, the binder is as thick as a phone book:grin:

my next question is how much would you be willing to compensate me for said stuff? obviously if i sent the pdf file via email vs actually sending a disk out the price would be significantly different, however im expecting this file to be well over 50mb

You should be aware that Fiat still owns the copyright on that manual, so you had better get written permission for this project...
A few years back they came to me on this subject, but it was easy to resolve as I have the permission letter!

Chris Obert

Better yet... How about we re do the manual correcting all of the mistakes in the original one and inserting lots of tips and color pictures to make it even easier for our grand kids to figure it out....:grin:

Copyright on Manual

I believe (I stand to be corrected) that the copyright has expired and Fiat did not renew it years ago.

Allen Mandlebaum

Copyrights in general

I'm currently trying to gain permission to reproduce just one paragraph of a paper from 1973 to include in a review I'm writing. It's turning out to be quite a PIA! Emails between here and the publishing house in London and I'm still working on it. :hmm2:

Once you get permission do what Chris has done, file it in a safe place!!!

Can be pretty easy...

I contacted Car magazine (if I remember right, it was a UK rag) to see if we could reprint an article in our FEN newsletter. Sure they said, it would cost so much per issue. I wrote back explaining it was a small club and most members get it by email, they said oh, ok, no charge. :)

Back