Interesting Fiat Info on Army Website

halojm

True Classic
It's not really info, but rather a series of questions you have to answer to authenticate when you log into the official Army website. One of the questions is, "What is your dream car?" and the responses are AC Cobra, Aston Martin DB9, something else I can't remember, and FIAT X 1/9!!! See, the Army knows a dream car when they see it!
Dave

This may have been me.

I rem a while back having to answer a few questions like that on a Army web site. I did answer my dream car would be a Fiat X1/9.

Must've been... 'cause...

... the only other X1/9 military guy (on THIS planet) is in the Canadian Air Force, I believe...

HA!

Wasn't me.........

but with a very deep military background, this is pretty cool:).

I think I would have answered the same.

On a side note, I served 27 years with the Canadian Air Force, retired 7 years ago, and am presently employed in Afghanistan as a UAV Mechanic (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle), as a Civilian employee under contract to both the Canadian Military and Australian Defense Force.

I go home 1 month for every 2 months worked in theatre, and have guaranteed employment here for the next 3 years.

Not much time to spend on the X, but this is why I recently bought a daily driver.

CIAO for now,

If you want to see some really cool UAVs

Get up to Bagram Air Field, go to the far end of Disney Drive and talk your way into the United Arab Emirates Special Operations Forces (SOF) compound. They have some of the coolest ones around, including a decent sized helicopter UAV that they take on patrols with them. I worked with both the Canadian and the Australian SOF (as well as a few more countries' SOF forces) the last time I was there. They were both very professional and got the job done the right way.
Dave

Back