Is it just me?

mmudge

True Classic
It's raining X 1/9's out here and most of them seem to be falling in my driveway.

I got my '74 last Fall, then a couple months ago I got the '79, but it went to a new home last weekend. That car cost me nothing.

014.jpg

Then I got involved with a guy in Nevada who had to split to England for work and I will continue to try to sell his car for him. It should be at my place in a week or two.

Now, Sean, who gave me the '79 has an acquaintence who has another '79 that he wants gone. Another freebie........ This car might provide the 1500 motor and drive train for my '74. It does not sound like it's anywhere near what Sean's car was. Plus I need a later top so I can keep the water out this winter.

I wonder if I'll ever hear back from the lady who wanted to sell me the '75 lime green X with the ladder decals?

Last edited:
I cant wait until I can begin collecting X's :) hey lemme know if you wanna part with those gold steelies I might be interested

Sorry

This X went to a new home last Sunday and the gold steelies with it. I think it is a very trick look.

Mudge

can someone P-shop those goldie steelies onto my car please? I need a visual reference for a wheel project I'm trying to figure out
1.jpg

Ya know Mike... if I was you...

I'd just paint the centers gold to match the body color... and install some nice chrome steel or even PLASTIC beauty rims...

Being OLD and OLD SKOOL... I like a touch of reflection on the wheels and have always LOVED a bit of color to affirm that the wheels BELONG on that particular car.

White or black cars don't subscribe well to this philosophy... but almost every other color does.

Here is White Fang with a a set of "phone-dial" wheels that I felt needed a bit of bling. In fact, I went with little touches of chrome everywhere replacing BLACK plastic side mirrors and the like. I think it worked well...

For your consideration...

WhiteFangOK.jpg

Here it is with stock wheels and just silver paint...

BTWF.jpg

I think I'm probably going to look into getting my current wheels widened about an inch maybe 1.5 This way it will keep that period look, but adds a lil something extra. Im also planning on getting a set of BWA's from a 124 spider at some point

Welp... "period" meaning era, or...

... meaning correct?

I don't believe those are the correct wheels for your '78... as for period, I believe they are actually an '80 - '83 wheel. Close enough for a period?

I'm not sure WHY, or what ya see in these... but if you LIKE them, then have at it.

Yeah I think they were 1980 only(possibly late 79-early81), so technically not period correct for a 78, but its close enough for government work. I know they are the single most hated wheels in the Fiat community next to walmart hub caps, but I have faith that with a little time, effort and $$ i can make them into decent wheels. Wasnt there an aftermarket wheel picture thread on the old forum?

Here ya go...

Go here for more fun...

http://www.histowheels.com

There useta be a WALL OF WHEELS but I can't seem to find it anymore... I thought at www.fiatplus.com

Try the Bayless folks, IAP or Vicks also...

Lastly Mike...

Those wheels are WHAT they ARE... and ifin' yur gonna keep them... try a few different cans of Duplicolor Wheel paints and experiment... and in ANY case... I STILL think ya need a bit of sparkle there... consider some 13 inch Trim Rings.

yeah I like the BWA's from 124's and the ones your have, but my car would look too much like G.S's old car (not that that's bad, just sayin) . Id really like to get a set of CD 57's or CD 58's both of which are near unubtainium this side of the pond:wall:

Back