Is there an X Club in CNY...

Mark in Syracuse

Daily Driver
CNY = Central New York

Between Buffalo and say Utica, Watertown to Binghamton?

Ok, Buffalo is western NY but just thought I would include them...Buffalo and Albany are about the same distance from Syracuse.

Unfortunately, neither of my cars are currently running, I hope that this spring the 80 will get the needed tranny work...just depends on the economy for me right now.

I'm in Syracuse

It looks like we are the only two in Syracuse with an X. I have an 80 X also. It would be interesting to see who chimes in on your post.

-Sandro

Hello,

Once in a while I see an X around the area. There is an orange (I think it is a 77 or 78) and a green one.

My car is a gold color non Fiat color but it needs to be painted again as some cancer has come back. These cars scream...paint me something that will show me to other drivers so I don't get run over. I like the bright colored X's and like I said in another post...why brown. I guess some people love their brown X's but to me brown hides the car, making it look even smaller.

I am hoping that this is finally the year that I can at least get the car running and back on the road for some summer driving. I will put up with the body problems for the summer and then next fall strip it down and have it painted for 2012. I want the entire car painted inside and out.

What year is your car and is it running? I guess we could start out as a two member club? Actually, I know one other owner, not sure if he still owns it, he had it for sale a couple years ago but I believe he ended up keeping it.

What about this one, Kevin?

Are they not closer, or active?

Northeast Coast CT/RI/MA/Metro NY-NJ

203-743-4954

Well... yes you can! But...

It appears there MIGHT be some active FLU orgs nearby, so why reinvent the wheel.

Your remark here..."I guess we could start out as a two member club?" reminded me of something I was taught in boot camp and we would have to YELL back our responses... "SIR, TWO OR MORE, SIR!"

The questions were: How many men in a Squad? Sir, two or more, Sir! How many Squads in a Platoon? Sir, two or more, Sir! How many Platoons in a Company. Sir, two or more, Sir! How many Companies in a Battalion... etc. etc.

HAHAHA... So... I guess if ya have about 10 or 12 guys you could have a whole friggin' ARMY, or Navy, in this case... or even your own FIAT CLUB!

Are they not closer, or active?

Northeast Coast CT/RI/MA/Metro NY-NJ

203-743-4954

That is much farther away. The WNYSO is certainly closer...I think we need a CNYSO:) Besides, WNYSO includes Ontario, Canada and I am not interested at this time in getting the enhanced license to allow border crossings.

Funny, Mexicans can cross borders at will but try going into Canada and get treated as suspects.:guns: This has to be hurting Canada's tourism, and I know it is not Canada's fault but it is just a pain in the arse and a money grab for the new license.

It appears there MIGHT be some active FLU orgs nearby, so why reinvent the wheel.

Your remark here..."I guess we could start out as a two member club?" reminded me of something I was taught in boot camp and we would have to YELL back our responses... "SIR, TWO OR MORE, SIR!"

HAHAHA... So... I guess if ya have about 10 or 12 guys you could have a whole friggin' ARMY, or Navy, in this case... or even your own FIAT CLUB!

I guess I could always be an Army of x-ONE-9.

With my oldest being old enough to drive, maybe I should get a third X and between him, myself and my wife we could have a three car club...all in the family.:doh: I have to at least get the first one running. My plan is to get at least one of my two cars running and then BUY a car that is already being cared for and running. The third will be a project car.

If yur smart Mark, you'll get your kid...

... a year long pass on PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!

Pocket the $6,000 in insurance a year, another $10,000 for a junker he'd be driving, and it MIGHT pay for a year's worth of college, locally!

Keep the kid off the road for as long as ya can! HA!

If he/she does have an interest in cars... have him wash and detail yours!

i'm running

Mine is an 80 carbed 1500. Its maroon and needs paint pretty bad. i am running but need work. I have the interior gutted and replacing floor pans right now. its very cold out and hard to get started in an unheated garage. Then exhaust, then fine tuning the motor. I havent seen any running around in a while. I remember an orange one hanging out around shoppingtown mall years ago. Not sure if thats the same one though.

Back