It lives

kmead

Old enough to know better
After hanging around in the garage for the last seven years, my X finally came out into the sun.

Getting started was a bit of a travail, old gas apparently doesn't really like to burn. A new gallon and a strong dose of Techron cleared the injectors and it finally ran. It wasn't too long before it was running perfectly and up to temperature. A few runs up and down the street, round the block and let it idle until the radiator fan was running off and on consistently.

My neighbor across the street was utterly flabbergasted by the car and all of the openings, locations of components and so on. I don't think he had ever seen one before.

A few pics by my wife to prove to my cohorts in West Michigan FLU that I really do have Fiats, and even one that is running. Would that my 850 had started today. Perhaps next weekend...

Pics for those interested:

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

It hasn't been washed, vacuumed or otherwise vetted. Everything is working which was very gratifying!

Pics fixed

Last edited:
Karl

Your neighbor looks like he's trying to figure out how you're going to drive it with the steering wheel in the rear trunk!.

Dave

Last edited:
Ya have to love that fuel injection

7 years sitting, throw in some fresh gas and cleaner and it's zipping around like a daily driver. :dance2:

Hey, I recognize that big fat grin. I had it on my face this morning too, driving the X after 3 straight weeks of lousy weather. Of course, after waiting 7 YEARS I'm certain your smile was a bit bigger. :grin:

Steve beat me to it...

I was gonna say the EXACT same thing... that GRIN of yours won't wash off for weeks!

HAHAHA!

Black Tooth sat for 7 years over 12 years ago when I couldn't figure out how to get the waterpump out and when I got a "round tuit"... I was gonna get it started with a new battery and get rid of him.

Once started... on 7 year old gas... I ran down and put in 2 cans of FI cleaner and a few gallons of gas and then headed towards the hills. I must admit I had "had a few" and thought what the hell... and I was GONE...

I had a AAA card but no cell phone and after 2 hours of screaming through the canyons... I made it back home... depleted!!!

The next day I put him up on jackstands and 5 months later I set him on the ground again... thoroughly reupholstered and repainted and lookin' good with everything freshed and a new rear WING for some added bling!

So... I indeed know that feeling... as do most of us here. Thanks for posting, especially YOUR foto... Brings back great memories!

Back