It's a Small (Fiat) World

halojm

True Classic
Last night I finally tracked down a number for and called a former customer of mine at the Fiat dealership I used to work for. He proceeds to tell me all about his Fiats since I last saw him in 1985. He mentions that another of my customers sold his 1980 X to Steve Hoelscher, who rebuilt it into a winning DSP car, then sold it to the guy I was talking to, Dennis Cipriany. We used to autocross against each other in 1982-1983 in central Pennsylvania. Small (Fiat) world!
Dave

Apparently the small world revolves around Dennis :)

I met Dennis in 2006 when he was Steve's co-driver at the nationals in Topeka. I drove over from St Louis to watch Steve and a few other Xwebber's (Chris Obert, Alex Kovatch, and George Emery) run that year. Thai (wannabfast) was there spectating too.

Here are SteveH and Dennis with the MR2.
IM001809.jpg

Steve won his class that year. Here is the video I shot:

HA... I'm convinced there are only 17 actual...

... X1/9s in the entire world... and the enthusiasts just keep passing them along.

Especially the Medium Metallic BLUE one... everybody claims its theirs!

Hey, wait a minute...

Is this in any way a reference to a certain BEAUTIFUL blue X now residing in PA? If so, what can I say? Not everyone can be so lucky.:grin:

Some random guy flagged me down at AutoFair at Lowes Motor Speedway last weekend to tell me he had a x for an autocross car. Sold it to a guy who later won 3 SCCA championships with it...

...oh, and the motor was HOT! bored .060 over, decked .008...

Me - "Hoelscher?"
Him - "YEAH, that guy!"

:sigh:

There is ONLY ONE Medium...

... Metallic Blue car and Bob Fink just bought it from Bob Brown... the other "fink".

Hey Armand,

You've gotta meet this guy.
Bob F. and his wife came out to get the car... I think he's but a short drive from you.
Give him a holler!

Well, now that we've sufficiently hijacked this thread...

Hey Arman. Yep, I'm in Lewisberry, about 10 minutes south of Harrisburg. If you ever in the area, drop a line. It sounds we'd better stick together as us blue X owners seem to get no respect around here.:eek:mg:

On a side note, I got to run BB 4RE for about an hour long trip this evening. Wanted to stumble a little at the beginning (probably from sitting over the winter), but after about 15 minutes it ran GREAT!!!

Back