It's time again...

Quantumleap

Rich Banks
For one more headlight switch, the brown wire mod and headlight mod is awesome, but the switch was a junkyard switch and was loose already, another good working one will last a good long time

Do you have a switch? I have one out of a 75 knocking about somewhere I would be willing for the price of shipping to give a fellow X Californian that has moved back to the place of their humble beginning. I will be out in my shop tomorrow and will see if I can dig it up. I remember exactly where I last saw it but of course at this very moment as I am typing it is mysteriously moving into some hidden nook. When I find it I will take a picture and post if you are interested.

what does it look like?

is it the slider type or a rocker. got a picture? I have a few different rocker types

It is a rocking type. I have reworked the sliding switch in my 84 a couple of times and threatened to change out to the rocker. I am not a stickler for original so have also considered toggle switch.

I have the sliding type, I'm not a wiring expert, wouldn't mind a rocker type wired to fit the factory switch plug myself

Rich, I'd try begging Bob Brown...

to supply you with the correct switch or modify another or tell you how to modify the wiring.

Make it easy on yourself... and reward him well!

Since Tony is volunteering me....

It'll cost him an additional $20 over the $20 he already owes me. :grin:

I don't have a photo handy of the wire colors to the back of the old toggle style switch, but I do have a diagram (below) of the newer style slide switch. The alpha characters are clearly marked on the back of the newer style switch and you can use the diagram to the upper left of the image to determine the correct terminal locations. The colors are the same on the old wire harness as they are on the late model harness, so you can wire it color for color. (slide switch to rocker switch) You might want to check the back of the rocker style headlight switch to see if the alpha markings are indicated on the terminals in back of the switch. This should make the job fairly simple, converting newer style to older style.

If no one jumps in to show the wire colors of the old style switch, I'll dig one up tomorrow and post it.

Hope that helps!

mechanicalswitchsm.jpg

Back