#K20-Swap - performance clutch options

Just saw this post...

Just saw this post so thought I'd chime in. I have a stage 2 Competition Clutch with an MFactory LSD in my car. The clutch is a bit grabby, but the there is no wheel spin, unless you want to spin them. With 15 inch fairly sticky tires, it just hooks up and goes. I'd say it's probably overkill, and a stock clutch would be fine. I have Hondata, and I would suggest a dyno by a professional who knows these engines, unless you know what your doing. Mine ran way better after it the dyno.

With all of the talk about turbo and superchargers, I'd have figured someone on this forum would have already done what I'm planning to do after I get my other project cars built....a frankenmotor. I think it may be the best of both worlds (tourque/HP) without all of the piping and intercooler work/space needed. It's a K24 bottom end with a K20a2 top end. Should be able to produce about 300-325hp with this motor. The guys who did my dyno said it would be about an inch taller overall, which would still fit under the stock engine lid. I was also told these engines like three inch exhausts....hence all the Honda's out there with big huge mufflers. I like the sound of my exhaust/muffler combo, so I'll take the little hp loss for a better sounding car, IMO.

Good luck to all your projects and have fun driving your cars. For sure the K20 is perfect for this car and makes it a thousand times more fun to drive.

Gerald

LSD is mandatory I think

My car spins one tire all the way to 60mph under hard straight line accel. This is with 245x50 Avons.
Bob

hay Tim I just picked up one of these:music:
IMG_0205.jpg

Sweet - :)

a rotrex c30-94 would be a nice on my k20...

Back