DuaneEstill

Banned User
Got a line on a K20 out of an 03' RSX.
41K original miles.
5 speed
Trans. and short stubs
Controller unit
Alternator

Only problem is, the guys cut the wires to the front were cut, but the wiring between the control unit and the engine were not. My reasoning was that these wires would need to be remapped anyway because of the excess stuff that would not be used for the Fiat, and I do not intend to use the Acura binnacle anyway. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

It wouldn't bother me.

Get a manual and figure out the wiring. All part of the fun of a transplant!

Even the fabled Uno Turbo has wiring to mess with.

Eric

fastx19

can you tell us more about your uno turbo conversion ?
things you done, things you kept, things you modified ?

Got a line on a K20 out of an 03' RSX.
41K original miles.
5 speed
Trans. and short stubs
Controller unit
Alternator

Only problem is, the guys cut the wires to the front were cut, but the wiring between the control unit and the engine were not. My reasoning was that these wires would need to be remapped anyway because of the excess stuff that would not be used for the Fiat, and I do not intend to use the Acura binnacle anyway. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
well, if it had a 5spd, it had the less potent 160hp variant, with the variable valve timing on the intake camshaft only

When I was helping Alex it seemed he just wire all of the acura stuff up to his own fuel management computers and tuned it with his laptop. But It was the biggest mess of spaghetti:eek:mg::eek:mg: you ever saw.....:eek:mg::eek:mg:

Correct...

You're right about the HP. But aren't these very easy to mod and still get good reliability. That's sort've a smacker abot the 160 HP, but I can get it way cheaper than even a B16 and the car itself is available for all the other stuff.

I guess the challenge would be to sort all the wiring then just terminate or remove what you didn't need, which would likely by quite a bit. But...the A/C would be cool, and you could hook up a cool stereo and run extra auxillaries for monitoring engine and other things.

I want to be sure that the K20 is a good choice for the swap. 41K is barely broken in. This could get fun.

dude...

If you do this, please, PLEASE make a write up as you go because that sounds like a swap I would want to do if my x motor ever goes and I have never done a swap. Of course a write up is a lot of work so I understand if you don't but it would be AWESOME!!! :worship:

You can check out the Midwest-Bayless K20 swap page

If you do this, please, PLEASE make a write up as you go because that sounds like a swap I would want to do if my x motor ever goes and I have never done a swap. Of course a write up is a lot of work so I understand if you don't but it would be AWESOME!!! :worship:

They have a very nice presentation that covers a lot of the mods required. It is best viewed in Internet Explorer. Firefox doesn't seem to like it much. :)

http://www.midwest-x19.com/FiatX19Acura_files/frame.htm

Me thinks

A 160 hp 2 litre is at least the equivlant of a 170 hp 1.6 litre. You'll have a quick car that's very fun to drive! Good luck with the wiring...it's not as hard as it seems though it would be easier using a Honda type binnacle. Some shop manuals on the honda motor with good wiring diagrams will make it all much easier.

Matt took me for a ride in the K20...X1/9

...we have here a couple of weeks ago. It is scary fast. Amazing power (240hp) that snaps you back no different that a twin turbo Porsche or BB512 Ferrari. He's just finishing up another K20 (racecar X) for an out of state customer.

Back