Knocking/ Rattling from undercarriage

lookforjoe

True Classic
Before I jack up the fiat in the cold driveway - I figured I'd ask in here if others have developed rattles from the suspension / exhaust / spare wheel etc - to dive me a direction to look in rather than completely blind. I don't even know what the suspension setup is on these ;)

Car has 35k miles - just wondering if there is a common ailment to look for. With Volvo's is pretty much always swaybar end links that cause this sort of noise , on the 500, I dunno

No

Nothing like you've described and I don't recall reading anything elsewhere close to those symptoms... good luck with determining what the heck it is!

Before I jack up the fiat in the cold driveway - I figured I'd ask in here if others have developed rattles from the suspension / exhaust / spare wheel etc - to dive me a direction to look in rather than completely blind. I don't even know what the suspension setup is on these ;)

Car has 35k miles - just wondering if there is a common ailment to look for. With Volvo's is pretty much always swaybar end links that cause this sort of noise , on the 500, I dunno

I don't recall what year or model your 500 is - but 2012 pops have had issue with both r&p steering going slightly bad and front struts (strut issues could also be other model/years, not sure) from what I have heard both local owners, online and dealer when I traded my 2012 Verde Machina in 2 years ago...

Both issues will create clunking noises, thud noises, etc.,

Back