Lancia bid to $445K

Simple economics, the world decided it's not worth what the seller thinks it is.

Simple economics, the world decided it's not worth what the seller thinks it is.
The N. American BaT viewers, not the world. Its value to him and costs are factored in there moreso than a seller's worth as someone having to unload it. His other 037 is better. And collection is among the best GrB in N America. Not selling it is still winning.

If rare Ferrari's are in the millions, this rare Lancia is easily worth 500K, so not surprised this did not sell. I suspect it will sell privately, so we may not know the final price. The difference is 200+ cars and all the history verse our cars that were made in the thousands or tens of thousands minus the racing pedigree.

This one was basically a race car without much provenance, so the high bid wasn't that surprising. Buyers of rally cars want competition history to pay top dollar.

If it was a well-sorted Stradale (road version), it probably would have brought another $100k-$200k, based on comps. There is a much broader market for road cars. IMO, anyway.

Sorry if this is going off topic, as it does not pertain to this specific vehicle. But I've never understood why the market value of any car goes way up just because a "celebrity" once owned it. I mean who cares? :rolleyes:

Sorry if this is going off topic, as it does not pertain to this specific vehicle. But I've never understood why the market value of any car goes way up just because a "celebrity" once owned it. I mean who cares? :rolleyes:
Fragile egos (and you hafta say it like Darren McGavin in A Christmas Story: "FRAH-GEE-LEE? Hmm, must be italian."

Back