Latest from USA Today...

hmm... so If i want an Italian built 500, I better import it from Europe, or else Hecktor the fiat inspector will be building my 500? Any news on Abarthed cars?

Modern manufacturing techniques...

Modern manufacturing techniques have globalized enough that who puts it together is not nearly as important as who designed it, who is watching the supply chain, and who in charge of end-to-end quality.

The cheapie Chinese-made tools from Harbor Freight may suck, but they don't suck because they were made in China. They suck because HF is in the business of providing tools at the lowest cost consistent with a decent chance of them being usable at least once.

Must have been the limited corrosion warranty

mentioned in the youtube video link I posted recently:excited: Here it is again.

You have to wait until about 2:30 in the commercial to hear about the corrosion warranty.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8OF6T3Nbw&feature=related"]YouTube- FIAT X1/9 DEALER VIDEO COMMERCIAL USA[/ame]

Mike

X1/9 video shows a twin-cam engine.

At 1:18, they talk about an overhead cam engine with available fuel injection, but they show a 124 engine. Strange.

Regards,

+1

There was a time in industrial history when certain nations had a definitive edge over other nations in regards to the products they manufactured. The truth to this is limited to day due to the methods used to produce technological items.

FIAT 500s are currently built in Poland.. Bison is considered one of the best values of high quality chucks... made in Poland and equal or better chucks from FUERDA, made in China. There was a time when a made in USA Buck chuck was top quality, today, many of Buck's offering is made form them in China. This is the reality of modern manufacturing.

What matter more today is how and who design the technological widget. Secondly, how the widget is produce makes all difference. Robots an automated production can crank out the same identical item with consistency hour after hour, week after week, year after year or as long as the machines are properly maintained and run with consistent materials..

So, makes little of any difference at all if Guido or who ever else build the FIAT 500 or ?.

Modern manufacturing techniques have globalized enough that who puts it together is not nearly as important as who designed it, who is watching the supply chain, and who in charge of end-to-end quality.

The cheapie Chinese-made tools from Harbor Freight may suck, but they don't suck because they were made in China. They suck because HF is in the business of providing tools at the lowest cost consistent with a decent chance of them being usable at least once.

Back