Laugh Of The Day

mbusman

Big Bird
I was returning to the parking lot this morning from the gym when I saw the back side of a Saturn SC-1 or SC-2. You can tell in the first picture from the Saturn emblem.

Now, this is what I find hilarious on the back of the Saturn.

I guess it goes to show that there's a lot of people who lust after Italian sports cars and aren't as fortunate or as discriminating as X owners.:drink:
Mike

Funny thing is that there are a lot of design houses that design cars but do not put their labels on them. Case in point. Almost all of the modern lexus designs are designed in conjunction with Ital Design, Even Daewoo uses this design firm for their products and of course these trickle down through brand imaging as the Chevy Aveo. Just FYI...

I remember back in the late 80's

there was a small car, I think it might have been an Isuzu, that had a badge that said "Handling by Lotus". As if Lotus had designed the suspension or something.

What they had actually done was make tire and shock recommendations. That seems a little different than "Handling by Lotus" to me.

Pete

Isuzu Impulse...

From wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Piazza
The updated 'Handling by Lotus' car was available from 1987 and the handling, although keeping the live axle arrangement was transfomed by Lotus in the UK after significant development work, involving modified suspension layouts, larger brakes, specially produced dampers & Goodyear tyres. The 'Handling by Lotus' cars had updated Interior & Exterior equipment. The exterior having a redesigned rear, with a large 'hoop' spoiler, new rear lamps, new rear badging with 'Handling by Lotus' badges & removal of the rubber side bumper strakes for cleaner, more modern look. The updated interior trim was mainly 'tweed' check fabric, an updated centre console, but the loss of Air Conditioning to keep the price down for the UK market

Added to which Greg ....

It was designed as the 'Ace of Spades' by Giugiaro. One of its main claims to fame was its use, for the first time, of a clamshell hood and gutter free side pressings.
With a low all-up weight and a 150 bhp 4 pot engine it was quite quick for its time too. 0-60 in around 7 seconds from memory.

And...

This body design was presented to VW as the update for the Scirocco. VW thought it was too different and so developed their Mk 2 Scirocco in house.

If he would at least get it right...

If you look closely it says "disesno", not "disegno" as it should..

Back