Limerock vintage festival in CT.

BBeaudet

Daily Driver
It's that time of year again. The Limerock vintage races are this weekend. I will be there on Monday with the X in the Italian car coral.

Anyone else going?

Bob.

Earlier in the summer I had planned on going down on Sunday (the quiet day)... but now it looks like family stuff is going to take priority :(

do you have more info?

one of my relatives mentioned it, are you racing and is there a schedule posted?

thanks,
Paul

I am not racing.

I go every year just to spectate. It's a great time with lots to see. There are parking car corals for lots of different makes. We get to park in the Italian coral. Parking in the corals also gets you a lap on the track during intermission.

Make sure you buy your ticket in advance so you can get the car coral parking option. As well as parking with all the other Italians you also get a goodie bag.

Let me know if anyone else goes.

does the price for coral parking include admission

for the driver or is that just for the car?

How do you get coupons for special pricing?

"If you have been provided a password or coupon code, enter it here to unlock Special Pricing"

thanks,
Paul

Price includes addmission for one.

Not sure about the coupons. I paid full price.

Are you going?

I spent the whole day getting the X ready only to find a dripping clutch master.I may chance it and take the X anyway.

Bob.

may not take the car though

looks like going at all may be a last minute decision depending on what the relatives want to do, but I should have it in mind for next year to take the car.

Paul

We went

Without our X since she's not ready to roll. We did the entire weekend, staying in Great Barrington. We've been doing the Memorial weekend event with the Monday Nutmeg Miata Club paddock for 5 years, but this was our first Vintage weekend. WOW! The car show on Sunday had over 700 cars that stretched the entire 1.53 mile circuit, divided by make, with the actual cars being judged on the main straight. There was a White X1/9 as well as a Yellow 850 Spider both ready to strut their stuff against the judges. The cars in attendance were phenomenal, not to mention the racing of all the Vintage stuff. Some poor SOB stuffed and rolled his Alfa coupe in big bend. The car was wearing #15 for the race but I don't know who he was. The car looked to be a total loss~crushed roof, trunk, hood, and doors, but maybe it's worth enough that the work is going to get done. I hope the driver was okay since all I could see was from my hillside vantage point with my telephoto lens.

did you get to see the white X1/9 interior

I thought that looked really nice. I mentioned automat in Hicksville, LI where they got it done in one of the other forums. Looked like a really nice job.

Did you see the Stratos there on Monday? Awesome.

Paul

Pics from Monday

I went on Monday. Here are some shots of the coral , the Stratos and others. Too bad about the Alpha. The car was a complete loss.I witnessed it roll about three times.
0907091053.jpg

0907091255.jpg

0907091212.jpg

0907091212a.jpg

0907091422.jpg

0907091353.jpg

0907091216.jpg

0907091354.jpg

0907091400.jpg

0907091349.jpg

Wow!!! nice pics

I hope to get there next year. Plenty of eye candy. The drive through those twisty back roads to get to the track was fun to drive. I got caught up in a little traffic a few years back on my way home. Seems like the majority drove their cars to Lime Rock instead of trailering.

Lou Teresi
74 X1/9
87 X1/9

Thanks for some great pic's !

I was wondering what that grey convertible is next to the Ferrari in the first pic? Is it a Dino with square lights? Kinda looks like someone took a 73 124 Sport Coupe,cut the roof off and added square headlights. Just wondering what it is.

Peugot 505 meets Pinafarina

The car in question was a Pinafarina bodied Peugot 505. You can see both cars in the creation. Almost like taking a Fiat Spyder and the 505 and putting them in a blender.

Bob.

Oh wow

If that's a real 275 GTB, it's easily worth 400K.

I see the rare Fiat Dino convertible! Featuring the wonderful
Ferrari Dino V6, those cars are very rare.

Back