Local Seattle Xer's only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Local Seattle Xer's only!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 30 2001 at 8:06 AM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "j";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("John Allen"); // --> </SCRIPT>John Allen <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Attention all local seattle area X1/9 owners (you too Mac!).

There is a '79 X at the Tacoma Pull-A-Part (north end of McChord AFB) that has a rear pair of Konis still on it! They ask $22 per strut (complete from from the spring mount to, but not including the axle upright).

This is almost too good to pass up, as I almost bought them to sell later!

There are (2) '79 X's at this yard, the one with the Konis is in the first row near the end. Someone has got to get these before it goes to the crusher!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "j";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Jeff Zucker"); // --> </SCRIPT>Jeff Zucker <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->If anyone gets 'em....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]April 30 2001, 11:16 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->....I have an extra set of fronts avaliable to complete the set!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "g"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I cannot tell a lie!!!!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 3 2001, 8:21 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I snagged them up. Sorry folks, hope I haven't trampled anyone but I just could not help myself this time. I have been waiting 3 whole years for this deal to come along. I got them today.

"we close in 10 minutes!!"
"You want what??"
"Are you kidding????"
"We're KICKING YOU OUT in 10 minutes!!"
"HOW you gonna pull 'em in 10 minutes???"

"Baby, it's 5 nuts per side"
"that's a nut a minute"
"..."
"So SHOW ME the X1/9!!"
happy.gif
tongue.gif

By the way, I get off work @ 5 in Olympia, and I gotta fly there in the Alfa (thanks again Steve Ambrose & Ken Stixrud for helping me out with the Alfa last house-party!) through Tacoma rush hour I-5 traffic, take the 512, hit Steele Street and jam in there just to arrive with the 10 minutes to hustle!

Plus, they are in the back basement of that address and the front happens to be vacant with this huuge "FOR LEASE" sign there, so that head-scratching wingding cost me an extra minute before I looked down the side alley & saw all the dead cars out back
tongue.gif

In hindsight I am really glad I wheeled in there in that old Sport Sedan, who knows the sudden inflation that may have occurred were I to skid up in the X1/9!
tongue.gif

So all's well? No! D'OH! I'm on the LAST NUT of the LAST STRUT, it's halfway off, and the damn little stud starts spinning!!!! D'OH!!!!!!!!

I keep hearing that British guy from Junkyard Wars (aka Scrapheap Challenge in UK) shouting at me through a bullhorn from 3 feet away, "YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE REMAINING!!" as I just rack and rack my knuckles trying to get a lock on that stud. No good!!

With zero minutes remaining, "the bell has rung, the sun has set, put down the tools" there it was, the damn thing, dangling from that strut tower by one very loose 10mm nut. Covered in sweat, grime and cobwebs from the fenderwell, I hobbled into the yard office, looking like refried dogsh*t and with ONE Koni in hand...

"So you did it?!!?!!!"

"ehh urmm, not exactly..."

And in true Junkyard Wars fashion, they turned all the cameras off and slipped me a rusty hacksaw!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I never sawed through a bolt so fast in my life.

There you have it, one set of 1500 X rear Konis, $21.95 plus tax per side, complete with springs, out the door and into the Alfa's back seat. I drove away feeling bloody, grimy, exhausted and never felt better
happy.gif

And, John, please just let me say this: I think I owe you a really top notch Italian dinner and a whole lotta beer! You ever been to a place called 'House of Pizza & Pasta' on Aurora in North Seattle? If not, we can remedy that
happy.gif
-Mac.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "m";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "x";n54_em = n54_em + "1";n54_em = n54_em + "9";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "g"; document.write("Mac"); // --> </SCRIPT>Mac <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->PS - the Konis are gone but...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 3 2001, 8:36 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->... the 2 X1/9s are still there! I did not even have time to see the 2nd one, but they do have 2, they're both '79s, and although the one I saw was clearly knackered (as the Brits would say) there are still a bunch of good pickin's to be had I'm sure. The yard folks said there is virtually NO requests for these parts and thus (as has clearly been demonstrated today) prices are pretty damn reasonable!
happy.gif
I would encourage anyone in the area seeking X1/9s in a wrecking yard to go hit this place and see what they have left before they tire of these cars taking up space! As I left I told them I "had friends"
wink.gif
who would want more from these cars, so I may have forestalled the inevitable crusher, at least for a little while longer - go get those parts!!!! -Mac.

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "j";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("John Allen"); // --> </SCRIPT>John Allen <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->great story!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 4 2001, 11:18 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I'm glad you got them! You really deserve to get a break on some performance parts, given that you keep us entertained with this website!

I actually got a couple emails asking if I could pull them before they were gone! Now what am I going to do tomorrow morning!

That yard (and the other 2 they own further north) is REALLY CHEAP! I don't know if you asked for a copy of their 'price list' while you were there (example $149 for ANY complete engine!), its almost funny! They don't care what kind of car a part comes from. One price shopping, I love it! (no dickering on price, none of the "you know how rare that car is?? it's gonna cost you!" stuff)

As for the payback, I have heard of that pizza joint (an old acquaintance worked there 15+ years ago). Let me know when you're up here sometime and we can have an 'unofficial' SeaX meeting!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "2";n54_em = n54_em + "0";n54_em = n54_em + "0";n54_em = n54_em + "0";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "y";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Karl"); // --> </SCRIPT>Karl <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->PULL A PART IS AWESOME!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 10 2001, 8:24 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 60px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hi Everyone! Iam brand new here..just got an x19 ...and because of this message board, i have found a trans ! for free! awesome! anyways, pull a part is a great outfit..been going to it for quite sometime
happy.gif
Iam almost ready to cruise my x19...points..and a lil screwing around...and its go cart time! yahooo!!!!!!! Karl
happy.gif

closeThread.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 75px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I can't help but agree Karl!! <nt><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]May 12 2001, 11:35 AM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 75px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
happy.gif

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back