Looking for a Fiat/Lancia Shop in the Northwest

Flash

Daily Driver
Unfortunately, my hometown is not exactly considered the Italian Car Capital of the Northwest. With my X begging for an engine rebuild and the Scorpion experiencing electrical issues, there is no one locally that I can turn to. If you know of someone good in the Northwest (the Puget Sound area is closest to me but Portland, Spokane, the Tri-Cites, etc works too), I'd appreciate the recommendation.
Thanks,
Dave

Sure do... His name is DAVE...

... and he resides somewhere in Yakima, WA!

(Why settle for other's mistakes when you can make your own?)

HA!

Welcome aboard, Flash... and there are several folks in your area and on this board that are willing to help and lend a hand. I imagine there is also a few shops too... but most do their own work with the help of this forum.

Make a list... prioritize it... start a new thread for each and offer up some Suds and Pizza... and you'll then really appreciate this car and the comradary of others!

You haven't experienced all the pleasure it gives until you SHARE it with others!

Best in the Northwest

Ray Mortensen at Performance Apex - Maple Valley, WA... (425) 226-5955

He specializes in ONLY FIAT/Lancia cars and knows them inside and out. You name it, he's probably done it. Don't be surprised if his wife, Lorrie, answers the call. She knows quite a bit about them as well.

Also, let me know if you need any Scorpion parts. I still have my 2 cars and a lot of spares.

I second the Ray recommendation

He's really, really good.

Not that it matters for an X, but Laurie is an ace on Spider convertible tops.

MikeR ('86X)

Thanks Everyone

Thanks for the info. John, thanks for the parts offer; I may take you up on that. I actually think I remember meeting you at Pacific Raceways (when it was still SIR!) a while ago; you have a really nice, modded, red Scorpion?
And thanks for the welcome Tony...actually a "re-welcome" I suppose. I was a long-time member of the old XANA forum and have simply been away as other pursuits have dictated. While I appreciate the mechanical encouragement, rebuilding a motor is not something I'm either equipped for, nor particularly interested in tackling...same with automotive electrics. I'd just as soon let the people who are good at what they do, do what they do best. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the straightforward tasks (getting ready to do a water pump as we speak) but with two old Italian cars, an old German car, and a race car, something's gotta give.

Cheers,

Yes, we may have met a long time ago.... "really nice Scorpion"? It isn't that nice, it has been neglected too long and could REALLY use a paint job. It may have had dual DCNF carbs on it if it was that long ago, I have since gone through modified DCNF throttle body EFI (MegaSquirt) and I am now very happy with my modified Beta FI manifold w/ MegaSquirt.

Someday (I keep saying this) I will finally install the turbo I have fabbed up and see what it can really do.

Portland Mechanic

I've been working with [another] Dave at Eurocar in NW Portland Oregon, forever. 503-226-0161. Small shop, reasonable price, good work. Only caveat is he is always overbooked and you can't expect same or next day completion!

Larry

Back