Looking for a trailer!

DTohill

80 X1/9 Carb
Since I'm in Iraq and making a few extra dollars. i have desided to buy a trailer to tow around my X. The trailer I am looking for looks like this:
trailer1.jpg

The only problem is I can't seem to find one here in states. the one pictured is from AUS. Anyone know where I can get one?

Customize

Since you have a picture and unable to find one I think you might be able to get a reputable welder to create you one. I t looks simple enough (design wise).

Observe the context...

It would appear that the context in which that trailor occurs is the "RV pull behind" crowd which favor the easy load and unload as opposed to just holding the thing on there. Might try looking on RV related sites or searching with keywords related to that "car trailor for RV" os something similar.

Hey Daniel...

The only one I've seen is the flatbed that one other listed below... they are indeed a kick in the butt to use and simple... but also heavy and expensive NEW. Usually sell for about 2500 used.

The Aussie one you posted is indeed something I've seen before in Australia... but nowhere else... and looks MORE appropriate for hauling a 2000 lb X, but nuttin' else.

I'm unsure WHY you want the trailer but if you plan on hauling any REAL cars, the Aussie trailer would not be sufficient. Secondly, I find FLAT TOWING my X to be relatively convenient without the hassle of a trailer, the only limitation is the inability to BACK UP. I've towed mine several thousand miles without a "hitch" as it were, and the cost was about $120 for the lights, tow-bar, and materials to build an adapter. More info if ya want...

Keep yur butt down!

I purchased the Australian Version about 2 years ago. It cost A$3,300 (US$5,000). It has a maximum tow capacity of 1500Kgs or 3300 lbs including the trailer itself which weighs 300Kg or 660lbs. So excluding the trailer it will tow a maximum of 1200Kgs or 2640lbs.

It's a simple device but can be as scary as all hell when you drive the X up the ramp and wait for the fulcrum effect to kick in and the trailer to fall into a horizontal position. One day I was supervising my son driving up the ramp and he over-cooked it and drove off the end of the ramp and nearly landed in the rear of the tow car. Got some pics somewhere LOL. Even funnier trying to take the X off the trailer.

Back