Looking for no rust 1980's Bertone X1/9 West

nwmga

Looking for Bertone X1/9
Hi Everyone --

I just joined the Xweb after a lot of reading here and elsewhere, but mostly here. I had my first ride in an X1/9 and tried it on for size, courtesy of one of the Xweb members -- Loved it! I also joined the FEN here in the Northwest to help get into the loop to find a nice car.

I wanted to cast the net out and see what might be available like this either in the Northwest or reachable. The September car on Xweb in Salt Lake City would have been perfect, but Murphy messed with my timing, so I missed that.

Thanks very much, and I'm looking forward to participating on the Forum, as an owner as soon as I find my car. P.S.: It will have a great home -- I promise.

Chuck

You live in the right spot.. I bet there are a half dozen nice cars. I am restoring an 81 metallic black but it wont be for sale until later in the spring time... In the mean time look here and craigslist..:)

I'll be selling one in the spring

If you're still looking let me know, I still have some minor tweaks I'd like to do before selling, but may be convinced to sell early.....

I'm in Bellingham and cruise through edmonds every once in a while to catch the ferry to Kingston

Does your name imply you have an MGA? Always loved those!

Your X1/9

Hi Alex (?) --

I'd love to see your car, either up there or down here.

My handle does indeed imply I have an MGA -- She's a 1960 1600 roadster, British Racing Green with tan leather int. -- also a blast to drive, but the X1/9 has better foul weather sealing and is a hoot in a different way…

Let me know what works for you -- I'm available almost any time (retired). Thanks!

Chuck

just noticed you might be looking for a later car

Hi Alex (?) --

I'd love to see your car, either up there or down here.

My handle does indeed imply I have an MGA -- She's a 1960 1600 roadster, British Racing Green with tan leather int. -- also a blast to drive, but the X1/9 has better foul weather sealing and is a hoot in a different way…

Let me know what works for you -- I'm available almost any time (retired). Thanks!

Chuck

Welcome to Xweb Chuck! We're lucky to be in the PNW, as there are many active members local to us. Your MGA sounds tasty, I'd love to see it.

Are you looking for a Bertone only? The Bertone only badged X1/9's are 1983 or newer (maybe 84?).

Mine's an 81 1500 5 speed Fuel Injected Fiat:

It's also somewhat customized. Early style engine cover, bumperless, 74/75 style turn signals, lowered, etc.

If you're interested in taking a look let me know, I'll PM you my info as well

-Alex

1986 x1/9 for sale

Hi,

I finally got registered on the site as a fellow Fiat club member told me. I recently decided to sell my 1986 x1/9. I saw your post and thought I would start a dialog to see if you were interested before I place the add on the site (which I am still figuring out!).
I bought it from Chris Obert and had him (his crew) repaint it using the original 2-tone blue colors. He did a great job. I also had him slightly cut the gear knob, so it is a little shorter. It has a new battery, fuel lines, oil, tires and runs great. It's a fun car and easy to drive.
Chris knew the owner before me and knows most of it's entire history. It has 108,000 miles. I had him repair a few seat upholestry tears. I'm still getting a feel for what it will sell for. I am hoping to get $9,000.
Have you been in the market long for one?
Here are some photos. If you can't see the photos, email me and I will sent them to you directly.
Thanks,
Mary

I've seen and driven Mary's car and it's nicer than she describes.

If it weren't for my '79 X, I'd consider buying her car.

If needed, I can get a closer look at the car and help answer questions about it.

Larry

Hi,

I finally got registered on the site as a fellow Fiat club member told me. I recently decided to sell my 1986 x1/9. I saw your post and thought I would start a dialog to see if you were interested before I place the add on the site (which I am still figuring out!).
I bought it from Chris Obert and had him (his crew) repaint it using the original 2-tone blue colors. He did a great job. I also had him slightly cut the gear knob, so it is a little shorter. It has a new battery, fuel lines, oil, tires and runs great. It's a fun car and easy to drive.
Chris knew the owner before me and knows most of it's entire history. It has 108,000 miles. I had him repair a few seat upholestry tears. I'm still getting a feel for what it will sell for. I am hoping to get $9,000.
Have you been in the market long for one?
Here are some photos. If you can't see the photos, email me and I will sent them to you directly.
Thanks,
Mary

Back