Malcolm Bricklin movie...

Jim W

Luckless Pedestrian
I'm sure most of you are familiar with Malcolm Bricklin's connection with the X1/9 (and 124 Spider)... You might want to check out the documentary - "The Entrepreneur". You can currently watch it for free on Snagfilms.com through July 30. (I think its on Hulu too).

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/watch/the_entrepreneur/

For those not familiar, he's the guy that brought you Subaru, Yugo, the "Bricklin SV-1"... ...and the "Bertone" X1/9 ...and "Pininfarina" Spider. (to those of us in the USA)

Last edited:
That’s real interesting. A guy named Mr. Tanner that lives about 1 mile from me restores them. He was a design engineer for Malcolm. He has 11 right now in his shop I’ve seen them and talked for hours with him about the cars also Fiats, Yugo and a lot of other cars. He is totally interesting to talk to about the beginning of the project to how it ended. He is also a X fan doesn’t have any but thinks they are very unique and is very glade to see people trying to preserve them as he is doing with Bricklins. He has also gave me many useful tips on bodywork as far as preservation and good products to use that has worked well for him. He was restoring the Bricklins for people who sent them to him and doing the complete project but age and health has caught up with him unfortunately, so he has 2 people working for him to try and complete some of the projects in progress. I have to agree with him when he talks about newer cars have no style or personality, they are just for transportation

Back