Matt from Bayless rocks

tdskip

True Classic
So I put an order in based on the thread below, managed to mess up the order, so I had to call Bayless. Matt picked up and before I knew it he had walked me through the 1300 - 1500 conversion options and pro/cons on my approach.

Hope is OK to post this here, but as a newbie this was all a huge help and I'm still pretty blown away at the time he spent helping me out.

I second that....

I just today ordered a distributor core for the Pinin' Spider, cap, and rotor. Thomas (BB4RE) was very helpful and always great to chat with.

I'm shifting most of my business to Midwest Bayless now.

I think we are all in for a treat as Matt starts to break out those hidden treasures in the long accumulated Bayless inventory. I've heard many stories about Art over the years from my Fiat mechanic. It's going to be interesting. Things like this make an X even more interesting to own because of all the cool period-correct mods that are possible, such as the PBS fender flares....harr harr.

Last edited:
Matt is the best!

I've taken my 79 X there twice now for R&R and each time I've been very impressed with the work done.

Mike

Agreed

Could not agree more, without the fine people at Midwest and their infinite patience, I never would be on the road. (Finally) I was sold an 85 with an 84 trans….. kept ordering the wrong parts until they figured it out. (full story coming soon with photos)
:):)

Back