Midwest-Bayless - Sway Bar Package Special

Vendor Post -

So you've wanted to give your street car some better handling and wondering what option gives the biggest bang for the buck? How about sway bars?

For a limited time, we're offering a special for a two-bar kit that provides front and rear sway bars on the X19, for only $375.

http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=208227&c=0&i=266034727

These are high-quality powder coated units that look great and function even better. Both kits include urethane (not rubber) mounting bushings.

x-swaybar-kit.jpg

Sway Bar

For regular street/commute (non racing) use is the front alone sufficient or are both better on the car?

My experience...

I have both on my street X and can say that I love te feel it gives. I have heard some respected racers say you don't need them and they may be right but it does increase te feel of the handling.

Order a set of springs and these from Matt and you will not be disappointed.

My car had front and rear...

The '87 Corsa I used to own had front and rear bars. I often heard the rear bar was a bad idea, it promotes rear breakaway. I never pushed it like that except in good conditions or at the track. At the track I often got a little sideways but never past 180º, and never disconnected the rear bar to compare handling without it.

I would say it depends on your tires. Good tires means you could use both bars, but I wouldn't have a rear bars with commuter/all season tires.

If your going to race an X, then your no doubt going to have much stiffer springs than stock and so front/rear sway bar kit may not be optimum. However for a street car or auto-x'er perhaps, a sway bar kit would be a good way to give the car a little more bite and stability while sticking with a more manageable spring rate. Just my opinion but something to think about.

These sway bars ARE a good investment and can make a huge difference and lets you push your driving fun to the next level. I only wish I had known about this special kit $$ a month ago!!! My new front bar is still sitting in my garage, still in the box :(

Back