Monte# 209, Pedal box ready to install.

Rupunzell

Bernice Loui
Took more effort to do than the exxe pedal box.

The Lancia pedal box has a different design in various ways even when both master cylinders are essentially the same.
AN-4, JIC 37 degree fittings are used again for the brake fluid inlets. These have been good in many ways.
Making the double stamping brake pedal was not simple, but should help with pedal flex due to the offset angle not found in the exxe brake pedal (it's a better design in some ways). Added a 19mm hex head to the clutch spring plate to ease installation.

Oem Fiat master cylinders were sent out for stainless steel sleeving, rebuilt with new seals and related parts. The current aftermarket replacement master cylinders are hideous inside.. they do work, but.. no thanks. Tubes and tube nuts were good, they got re-used.

LH side.
Lancia Pedal box_LH.JPG

RH side.
Lancia pedal box_RH.JPG

Front.
Lancia pedal box_FT.JPG

Top.
Lancia pedal box_top.JPG

Bernice

what's the fitting that connects the master cylinder to the JIC fitting?( I've been thinking about doing this as well)

SteveC

Those master cylinder inlet fittings are are "one-off" They are M24x1.5 external threaded with 1/8"x27 NTP threaded internal with a 15mm hex to install them into the master cylinder inlet ports. The 15mm hex was chosen to allow clearance to the internally threaded M24 inlet ports with a socket and allow enough material for the 1/8"x27 NPT threads.

~In process of what the master cylinder inlet ports look like with these fittings.
The brake master cylinder is exxe, which has one extra outlet for the front brakes. It is blocked off with a ball bearing
and brass plug with Loctite# 576 thread sealer (all that white stuff on the fittings).
Lancia pedal box, inlet fittings.JPG

M24 fitting being made on the lathe. Has a shoulder to seal against the bottom of the master cylinder's
inlet bottom. Fitting cannot leak.. ever.
Lancia pedal box, M24x1.5 inlet fitting lathe.JPG

Cutting the 15mm hex using a 5c collet indexer on the Bridgeport milling machine.
Lancia pedal box,  M24x1.5_inlet fitting hex.JPG

Back side of the brake pedal has a zerk fitting to allow lube of both brake and clutch pedal bearing.
Lancia pedal box,  bottom back_vert.JPG

Threading the master inlet port using a M24x1.5 bottoming tap. This was from the exxe pedal box project.
same operation. The master cylinder is taken apart, cleaned, inlet ports bored to tap size for M24x1.5 then threaded.
Master cylinder housings are then sent out for stainless steel sleeving.

M24 tap master cylinder..JPG

Bernice

what's the fitting that connects the master cylinder to the JIC fitting?( I've been thinking about doing this as well)

SteveC

Those master cylinder inlet fittings are are "one-off" They are M24x1.5 external threaded with 1/8"x27 NTP threaded internal with a 15mm hex to install them into the master cylinder inlet ports. The 15mm hex was chosen to allow clearance to the internally threaded M24 inlet ports with a socket and allow enough material for the 1/8"x27 NPT threads.

Thanks, I was mostly wanting to know the thread size. you'd used, I'd probably start with somehting like this rather than starting from scratch.

SteveC

beautiful job, I just rebuilt mine also. I'm wondering about bleeding procedure now that it's installed, I'm hoping it can be bled at
firewall (the front one!), have you bled it yet? The rest of my brake system will be upgraded, so it won't see fluid for quite awhile.

Back