Montecarlo interior update

Ron Avery

True Classic
So this is a teaser of my Montecarlo update. It was supposed to be ready today, but we all know how how that goes. All of these projects are for my trip to the Lancia west coast meet in July.
1.Replaced the head gasket and head bolts. ( Oil was weeping from the gasket.)
2. Replaced the expansion valve, and the low pressure switch, plus new A/C lines. ( the car had A/C lines with hose clamps) so it did not hold Freon)
3. Updated the center ventilation vents, to 1977 vents.
4. Powder coat valve covers and cam belt cover.
5. Reupholster dashboard and door armrest, in red Alcantara to match seats.
6. Bluetooth radio.
IMG_2165.jpeg
IMG_2166.jpeg
IMG_2167.jpeg
IMG_2168.jpeg

So this is a teaser of my Montecarlo update. It was supposed to be ready today, but we all know how how that goes. All of these projects are for my trip to the Lancia west coast meet in July.
1.Replaced the head gasket and head bolts. ( Oil was weeping from the gasket.)
2. Replaced the expansion valve, and the low pressure switch, plus new A/C lines. ( the car had A/C lines with hose clamps) so it did not hold Freon)
3. Updated the center ventilation vents, to 1977 vents.
4. Powder coat valve covers and cam belt cover.
5. Reupholster dashboard and door armrest, in red Alcantara to match seats.
6. Bluetooth radio.
View attachment 74371View attachment 74372View attachment 74373View attachment 74374
Jeez Louise, that is nice. Fun to keep clean but very nice indeed.

Thanks again, I think it is great to see our cars that are owned buy people like us. That are willing to take care of them and improve them.

Ok, I am finally back in town, I picked up the Montecarlo yesterday and spent about 4 hours detailing it.
observations,
1. The new Bluetooth radio works great, and sounds good as well
2, The latest A/C upgrade works well, does not ice up and, the new vents now allow the air to be directed better. The A/C still only bows 50 degrees. (The A/C in my 1985 GTV6 Callaway blows 40 degrees).
3. I love the look of the completed interior, and the engine bay looks much better and cleaner.
IMG_2564.jpeg
IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2562.jpeg
IMG_2561.jpeg
IMG_2560.jpeg
IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2558.jpeg
IMG_2556.jpeg
IMG_2555.jpeg

Last edited:
Back