Monterey bay area autocrossing

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
A week ago Sunday was our local Autocross group's third points event of the year at the Marina California airport. www.norcalufo.org I got the official results yesterday.

I won my class, Dmod, with a best time of 53.275, Our local Dmod class has been overrun by a bunch of dunebuggy owners, and the fastest is usually Greg McNair who ran a 55.911 beating all the rest of the buggies. Because I missed the first event of the year, which was a double points event because it was on New Years Day, Greg will take the top trophy this year in this class.
At last year's awards banquet I proposed that a new trophy be presented to the person with the most Top Time of the days. In this competition you can run at any time during the day, as long as it's in your class, you are running for points, and you have more that 50 cubic inches (817 CC) displacement. My time beat the second place car, Victor Sias in his BMW M3, who has won his class many times in the SCCA Nationals, and is considered one of the top drivers in the SF region of the SCCA. His time was 53.407 in Xprepared. Here he is a past De Anza event I found on the net [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLO4w6f53-I"]YouTube- Victor Sias's BMW M3 Duel at De Anza Autocross 2006[/ame] Greg's time put him at 8th overall just to show you what the competition is in the Top Time class.
The next Marina event is a sold out driver's school on March 13, but the autocross the next day on March 14 will be fun. If the DeAnza event thrills you it is an invitational event that has probably the largest crowd of spectators I have ever seen at an autocross, and it will be on May 16. If your local come on out!

Back