Moxie

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
I remember you folks taking about Moxie a few days ago. Well, today (while looking for some Vespa parts I need) I found a catalog that says you can buy the stuff from Frank Anicetti at Kennebec Friut Company, 2 Main Street, Lisbon Falls, ME 04252. 207.353.8173.

I tried to look him up on the internet, but struck out (doesn't surprise me as the story says he doesn't take credit cards). But he does organize the annual Moxie festival!
http://www.moxiefestival.com/sponsors.html

Vespa parts...

There is a guy here in Knoxville that deals with Vespas and scooters. If you want me to put you in touch, I can. I think you may already know him anyway.
Brett

HAHAHA... Yeah Chris... there are some folks...

...that are MORE addicted than I!!!

I have found some Beverage Stores that carry Moxie, but only their Root Beer and Cream Soda... which, BTW, was never part of their product line. There is only ONE Moxie... the Cocaine laced drink that came out 1 year prior to Coca Cola back in 1884.

HA! Now Coke OWNS Moxie... but the REAL thing, less Cocaine, is still only sold in 5 New England States... Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Massachusetts... and most of THOSE residents can't stand it either!

I have TWO private distributors I use frequently and they are most generous... that would be Mr. Bob Brown and Mr. Mike Soter, both on this site.

If ya can't (or don't wanna) get any before November... do seek me out and I'll save a can for ya... ifin' ya promise NOT to spit it out!

Its probably the PERFECT orphan beverage for those of us that drive these ORPHAN cars...

LOL, I was at a hospital that I frequent (I work in the labs). And at this particular hospital their is a soda machine , out of the way mind you, that is stocked with the ice cold and delicious beverage. So I was sitting down on a break in the cafeteria with my can of Moxie and a bag of chips. In walks this older lady, looks at me, then the can, shakes her head and says:

"Oh, bless your heart..."

HAHAHA... kinda like the idea that...

... a lot of bikers use... "If I gotta explain it to ya, you'll never understand".

This woman OBVIOUSLY understands!

Lot and lots of laughs!

...that are MORE addicted than I!!!

I have found some Beverage Stores that carry Moxie, but only their Root Beer and Cream Soda... which, BTW, was never part of their product line. There is only ONE Moxie... the Cocaine laced drink that came out 1 year prior to Coca Cola back in 1884.

HA! Now Coke OWNS Moxie... but the REAL thing, less Cocaine, is still only sold in 5 New England States... Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Massachusetts... and most of THOSE residents can't stand it either!

I have TWO private distributors I use frequently and they are most generous... that would be Mr. Bob Brown and Mr. Mike Soter, both on this site.

If ya can't (or don't wanna) get any before November... do seek me out and I'll save a can for ya... ifin' ya promise NOT to spit it out!

Its probably the PERFECT orphan beverage for those of us that drive these ORPHAN cars...

I'll bring a straw ;-))

Thank's Mike... they're currently "out of stock"...

... and will e-mail me when it comes in.

I haven't seen it in GLASS bottles in a long time... even my New England friends can't seem to find it in glass, only cans and plastic.

It just might be worth TWICE the price in glass! HA!

... and will e-mail me when it comes in.

I haven't seen it in GLASS bottles in a long time... even my New England friends can't seem to find it in glass, only cans and plastic.

It just might be worth TWICE the price in glass! HA!

Oh, you betcha! Moxie in a glass bottle is like 10x betterer than in a can...

Hey Tony, I've got a few glass Moxies in my fridge. My wife's family sends them to her from Massachusetts. Vile stuff...I've used it to remove rust and barnacles. There's no CA redemption value on them, so I just chuck them into the recycle bin. I'll bring you a couple of empties for nostalgic purposes next BFI show.

Hey, that stuff is SACRED

"so I just chuck them into the recycle bin" WHAT?? :hypno:

Drinking a bottle of high-potency Moxie before embarking on your X1/9 journey guarantees extra horsepower. :fart:You just can't waste this stuff.

Moxie will be served this weekend at the 2009 New England meet/greet workshop. Papa Tony, you don't wanna miss that! :excited::drink: :thumbsup:

Geez... wasting Moxie like that is like...

... cutting down forests in Africa or removing your CAT.

If you are not using it for an octane boost for your car or yurself... then please do bring it to BFI where it will NOT be wasted!

(BTW... who the hell is this... Gilles?)

... and its a good thing yur not in any of the FIVE New England states that sell it, 'cause unauthorized disposal of Moxie like that is a felony offence!

Hey... Will there be a time to SKYPE?

I'm off early on Saturday doing a Veteran's Outreach thingie... but give me some TIMES...

Back