My 86 back up for sale

Rameerez

Low Mileage
A couple of weeks ago I posted my red 86 for sale on this forum then cancelled when my mechanic offered to buy the car, repair the transmission, then use it as an "eye catcher" in front of his shop. It worked out best for me because I couldn't afford the work at this time and I didn't want to risk unintentionally misleading you guys about the extent of the work that needed to be done.

My mechanic has finished repairing the clutch and transmission and says while he isn't anxious to sell it he would consider doing so for X 1/9 enthusiasts like the guys on this board (he knows the trials and tribulations of owning an X.)

I'm not his agent but I told him I'd mention it in case anyone is interested. I think he'd sell it for about $2400. Considering what he paid me, plus what he's out for repairing the clutch and transmission, that would be about $100 profit for him.

I'll try to list again all the info on the car and include a few photos (I can't locate the shots I took of the interior.)

First, I kept and will donate free of charge a box full of extra parts and accessories. They include an instrument cluster and surround, a set of heating/ac controls, radiator and cooling system hoses, new spark plugs, spare steering wheel, 10 spare relays, an O2 sensor, a fuel injection "brain," an alarm system, a weather-resistant car cover, all repair invoices, a set of "how to" tips-mostly gleaned from this board, and a well-used shop manual.

The engine is original (approx.120,000 miles), but has been "tweaked" and maintains good compression and power. I normally got about 26 mpg in town and it was my "daily driver" most of the time. The cooling system and a/c system have both been refurbished (it runs at normal operating temperature in the Texas heat, even with the a/c on.)

The body was de-rusted and painted about 4 years ago in a shade close to the original "rosso." I kept a can of touch-up paint that is labelled with mixing instructions for any paint supply place to follow in future repainting. Except for the inevitable small door dings the exterior still looks great- including all the black trim items which I repainted about a year ago, including the targa top.

The interior is original- red/black pinstripe cloth inserts and black leather trim. Except for one small repaired seam tear on the driver seatback, it is pristine, as is the carpet. The previous owner obviously took care of the car, and I tried to do the same.

I live in Allen, Texas (about 20 miles north of Dallas) and my mechanic's shop is about a mile from my house. I don't know if he would arrange shipping out of the area- that's probably negotiable. I will be glad to furnish contact information on him to anyone who is interested, but after that you're on your own- except for contacting me for the box of free goodies.

That car looks well worth...

the asking money.

I am in the area, if anyone would like a 3rd party opinion on the car I can go check it out in person.

Pete

Hey Pete would you take a look?

If it is close by and not out of your way I would sure appreciate you giving a look over. I'm just up in the OKC area. I will owe you lunch sometime when I'm in the area!! Deal?

Thanks, Matt

Will do Matt

If it is close by and not out of your way I would sure appreciate you giving a look over. I'm just up in the OKC area. I will owe you lunch sometime when I'm in the area!! Deal?

Thanks, Matt

I'll see if I can get by this weekend and get some photos and more info.

Mr Rameerez, what's your availability this weekend?

Pete

Guys- we have a funeral to attend Saturday morning and probably won't be back home before 3:00. Any time after that would be o.k. if you want to contact me. My mechanic closes his shop at 6:00.

My name is Tom Stephens and my email is tom_d_stephens*hotmail.com.

So presumably...

Sunday is out because the mechanic is not open?

I will check with my wife and make sure I have a window between 3 and 6 Saturday.

Thanks!
Pete

Sorry for the confusion. His shop is open from 10:00- 4:00 on Sundays. He has 3 shops so I need to see when he'll be at the one closest to me. I'll let you know.

Repairs are finished- car ready.

After some delay while he was opening his 2 new shops my mechanic finished the clutch/transmission work on my (former) 86 Xer yesterday. I apologize for the on-again-off-again messages over the past 2 weeks.

I am including a few pictures of the interior to go with the exterior shots I posted previously. The car has not been detailed since the work was done, and we've had some significant rain here, so the exterior is a bit dirty. The only thing needed besides a good wash is to re-attach the steering column cowl which was removed during the clutch system work.

As I said, the interior is original and in good shape. Also, my offer of the extra parts and systems still stands. Buy the car from my mechanic and they're yours.

The car is at Samstone Auto Repair, 1209 W. McDermott Dr., Allen, Texas. The owner's name is Abe Ballout, cell # 214-495-3963.

Sorry I created a misunderstanding. Last week I sent an email to the local guy who asked to see the car and explained the delay. I have been away from my computer and didn't post similar information on this site until yesterday.

I no longer have any personal interest in the car and am just doing this because my mechanic is a good guy. However, I do still have a box load of parts and accessories that need a good home; I was holding on to them in case anyone was interested in the X.

if anyone wants the car in a far off place i will go get it and drive it to you for only my expensive and a return flight to Tulsa, which will be much cheaper than shipping with Reliable or the like.

Back