My car is for sale

She is a beauty.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4081015313.html

From his Craigslist listing:

"Bertone X1/9 Dallara

This is a chance to own a rare replica of Italian racing designer Giampolo Dallara's Fiat X1/9.

This is a 1986 calif. car with everything still intact for certification.

Odometer reading of 105,xxx. The replaced block has 65,000 and modified cyl. head of less than 50 miles. Camshaft installed is 35/75, ported intake and exhaust with shaved head to raise compression.

Runs and drives beautifully. It has a front sway bar installed with lowered springs and new KYB struts. Front and rear brakes are new. Wheels are Spin Werkes racing wheels.

Asking price of $15,000. I'm very motivated to sell. Respectful offers will be considered.

Only serious potential buyers need to inquire."

No relationship to the seller.

Last edited:
I'm reluctant to sell it but I have 2 other cars that I store at work and need to come home.

The truth is that I enjoy building cars but like all the other beautiful cars I've had in the past i just pass them on to new owners because I never drive them.

The Dallara unfortunately is a victim like the others. The cars coming home will meet the same fate.

Moving on

Ty,

I fully understand. And although I don't worry much about bills, I am not "well-off" To do project cars takes $$$. Simple math for a guy of modest means. Build, enjoy, and move on. Do the next cool car, and let someone else enjoy your efforts.

My wife is currently clubbing me over the head to keep my Dallara replica. Says I waited too long to build that car to finally finish then just sell it. She is not far off the mark, but she often forgets my feelings about machines...they are just machines. I did it once, I can always do it again...probably better the next time. I've had my fun, done the road-trips with my son, won shows, all the fun stuff in my Alitalia knock-off.

I have 3 cars squerreld around town which need to come home and get started. This will never happen if I don't come up with $$$. And that will never happen if I don't cash in on my skills and time.

My $.02...Don't be scared to move on to something new.

OK,, I'll take the Bait..

What are the projects? Which one first and why? I agree, move on to something better is good. Done that a lot myself.
Bob

Moving on...the sequel

I currently have a Fiero GT I bought for $200 bucks. It is slated for an IMSA body kit and a 3800 V6 with a S/C. All the hardware done (engine mounts, tranny brace, x-over pipe). Cheap and stupid fast. Body is plastic, so essentially a scuff and shoot for any paint scheme you like. I gave the pink slip to my son for his 13th B-day and It will be our big winter project.

I have an 86 two-tone (red/grey) I purchased for a buddy in Ohio (he could not find a rust free fiat anything!). I told him I would get it serviceable enough to drive home from here (Nor Cal) by spring. $500 bought it and got it delivered to my house. It needs a bunch of stuff but rust repair aint one of them.

A 1972 124 Sport Coupe I just picked up out of Fallon Nevada for the princley sum of $100. NO RUST. Will now be looking for a 2Ltr motor and 5 speed converatble to pirate parts off of. Damn things are falling out of the trees here so it will not be hard to get it together.

Although these are cheap cars they still take real money to build. Time I got, money is a different animal.

Last edited:
Back