My new '96 MX6 with under 20k on it!

kayaker37

True Classic
Picked this up at a dealer in Pa today. Stored since 1997 as the owner was killed in a tragic accident and the car was stored in her fathers garage. Felt I had to name the car after her. Her name is Caroline.

P1010154.jpg

P1010156.jpg

The LS came with the nice sounding 2.5 v6 right? Does it have the funky air vents that swing back and forth? I'm betting it's a blast to drive, especially if it's a stick!

Yes, v6 sounds really nice. You mean the cheap plastic air vents, I've posted more pics. Ooh, and a tape player! Stick! My '93 had black leather, good for hiding coffee stains, this is beige cloth. Can't have everything. Underside is clean, looks like the top of the engine needs some detail work.

The LS came with the nice sounding 2.5 v6 right? Does it have the funky air vents that swing back and forth? I'm betting it's a blast to drive, especially if it's a stick!

P1010185.jpg

P1010183.jpg

P1010182.jpg

P1010177.jpg

P1010176.jpg

P1010172.jpg

P1010169.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010174.jpg

Nice find! I loved that car when it came out and came close to buying one. The only thing that put me off was FWD. I ended up with an 96 Eclipse instead, but MX6s still make me take a second look.

There was a review in '93 or thereabouts which compared the top 10 affordable sports cars. There were a number of different categories, but the MX6 came in 3rd in handling, with the Ford Probe taking the 1st or 2nd position (they are essentially the same car, although the Probe has a firmer suspension). I do remember them saying that of the FWD vehicles, the MX6 felt most like a RWD! Plus the MX6 was voted the best for fitting groceries!

Nice find! I loved that car when it came out and came close to buying one. The only thing that put me off was FWD. I ended up with an 96 Eclipse instead, but MX6s still make me take a second look.

My 1996 Mazda 626 had 'powered' central 'vents' that could be set to oscillate back and forth! They were part of our cruising checklist!!!
I just wondered if the Mx6 had those as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5lFXCb2f8M"]Motorized swinging A/C vents. - YouTube[/ame]

Great car. One of my favorites. One of the last really pretty coupes. Congrats on finding a really fine example.

Around that time I had a buddy who was a regional manager/vp of Enterprise Rental car. One of his perks was that he could drive any car he wanted. As a fellow car enthusiast, he was always looking to drive the MX6.

I had many a fun day flogging those cars like I stole it. Great Balance even though it was a FWD.

My '84 Mazda 626 had the motorized sweeping air vents! Had not thought about those in decades!

Sigh..that's the car I got after the X became too small for use as my only car.

Back