My X has arrived!!!

4carbs

Low Mileage
My long time search is over, and I couldn’t be happier with my new to me X.

Arrived from Missouri to Toronto Canada yesterday. I am looking forward to being part of this community.

Got her washed up and put her away until the sun comes out :)

Attachments

• IMG_6054.jpeg
    IMG_6054.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_6056.jpeg
    IMG_6056.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6062.jpeg
    IMG_6062.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 209
Curious, motivation for wanting an exxe in this collection?

Bernice
The X19 was my first car. I saved all my money from part time jobs, and was able to buy a 78 that was decent, but needed some TLC. I had so many plans for that car, unfortunately 2 weeks after I bought it, I was in an accident and the car was totalled. Call it superstition, but I always wanted to buy another one......36 years later I am the proud owner of a 78 X again.

Arrived from Missouri to Toronto Canada yesterday. I am looking forward to being part of this community.

lol, you gotta be north of Steeles, or west of the 427 for that kind of real estate? Very nice indeed :) Oh, wait - RCLUB! Next to Winners! Double-win!

Last edited:
The X19 was my first car. I saved all my money from part time jobs, and was able to buy a 78 that was decent, but needed some TLC. I had so many plans for that car, unfortunately 2 weeks after I bought it, I was in an ac cident and the car was totalled. Call it superstition, but I always wanted to buy another one......36 years later I am the proud owner of a 78 X again.

An X1/9 was my first car as well, although it was a 1974. I had it less than a year before it was in an accident. Like yours, it was totaled as well. 🥲

Me too almost😳

Anyway, I bought a 1979 X1/9 a couple of years after the accident and I still own it.:)

Gosh, what a swell-looking X!

Now that you've laid your eyes upon it, have you started to formulate a 'To Do' list of stuff that you wish to look after?

Cheers - DM ( ... the former, former original owner)

Gosh, what a swell-looking X!

Now that you've laid your eyes upon it, have you started to formulate a 'To Do' list of stuff that you wish to look after?

Cheers - DM ( ... the former, former original owner)
Dave, I am blow away at the meticulous history that you passed on to Peter, and who has now passed on to me. Having all the documentation including the window sticker and original bill of sale is VERY special to me, along with every service record from day 1. Seeing all the picture you provided including the paint work (which shows that there was zero rust or bondo was the icing on the cake for me. Peter continued with the same level of records and documentation. I couldn't ask for any better previous owners. This car I will keep forever.

Thank you for preserving it for me :)

Congrats and welcome to the club. Again.

Nice collection of toys. Always good to go back to the source.

Last edited:

Hi,
Very beautiful color (kind of unique nowadays) and the wheels look pristine as well,
Welcome to the community !

Back