Need a hubcap for my Kia

carl

True Classic
I noticed one of the small hubcaps is missing from our ten year old Kia Optima. Any thoughts on where to find one used? Ebay just gets me full wheel hubcaps but mine barely cover the lug nuts. The wheels actually look better without any caps but this is the wife's car ................................

There is a "hubcap" store in Vegas. It's a small independently operated business that's been here forever. They started out selling only used and new hubcaps (obviously), but have transitioned into a custom/aftermarket wheel shop over the years. They still sell a few new sets of generic (cheap quality) caps but at several times the price as the same junk found online. Are there still any of the old school hubcap shops around anywhere? I sort of doubt it. How about wrecking yards?

EDIT: Maybe try looking on AliExpress. You'd be surprised what they make/sell for little money. Often you'll find the OEM supplier to the car manufacturer also sells the same products on that site. Having the original part number would be the best way to search it.

I noticed one of the small hubcaps is missing from our ten year old Kia Optima. Any thoughts on where to find one used? Ebay just gets me full wheel hubcaps but mine barely cover the lug nuts. The wheels actually look better without any caps but this is the wife's car ................................
How about going old school and putting some Baby Moons on it?

Jim seems to have found them for me. I don't know why I couldn't, my search logics always seem to be...not logical.

This is the wheel with the cap.

IMG_2934.jpg

And this is the wheel without the cap.

IMG_2935.jpg

Our 2000 Dodge Caravan would toss it's full hubcaps on a regular basis and I found a set on Ebay way back. About every few years I'd have to go up in the attic and grab another one. And that non-Mopar set cost less than one cap from the Dodge Brothers.

Our 2000 Dodge Caravan would toss it's full hubcaps on a regular basis
My daughter's 500 Pop throws hub caps all the time. It is frustrating and OEM replacements are ridiculously expensive. She just drives it ugly these days. Eventually we will get some alloy wheels for the 500.

Glad that was the correct cap carl. I didn't search Ebay directly. I just typed "2012 Kia Optima center cap" into the URL bar of my Brave browser. Brave defaults to the DuckDuckGo search engine, not Google. This cap was right at the top of the results with a picture and link to the Ebay auction. Took literally a couple minutes to find and post.

I owe you...plan B was to pry off the other three caps! I'm pretty sure the wife doesn't even know the cap is missing and it's her car. The way she sees cars, it might as well have Kenmore written where the Kia badges are.

Just make sure the missing cap is on the passenger side. She will never notice. At least that is how my wife is. :D

Back