Need weight and dimensions

sdlsaginaw

Steven Lawson
I need weight and dimensions for an Mk1 Uno Turbo motor and transmission. I'm looking at bidding on one and want to get a good idea of the shipping charges I'll be paying first.

Same dimensions as a stock FI X engine. It should weigh the same plus the weight of a very small turbo.

Thats the best I can do for you, hope it helps some at least.

come on over and measure it...

Steve, you are always welcome to drive up and check it out in person.

If you can, grab a MkII exhaust manifold. Much easier to source a turbo as it is a T25 flange versus the MkI which is proprietary. You are getting the computers as well, right?

Figure 400lbs for the total item.

Eric Armstrong.

is night here but .....

is night here and is a storm , when my lady saw me with the flash light in my hand and the "mesurement tool" she asked me where i go.
i said i go out to mesure the engine in the car, useless to say she said i am crazy and must see a doctor, but ....
how could I not go, when in the past so many times i posted question and i was so damn happy when i got a fast exact answer thathelped me solve some problems.

you'll need a box at least 50x70x80 , size of uno turbo engine is a litle bigger then the x because of the "small turbo" , but olso because of the 100000000 pipes and tubes you'll have attached to it. olso I would add an extra 5-10 KG as the stock x engine.
if you buy the uno turbo engine, you can keep the x1/9 camshaft and housing ( to have the engine mount , and better run ).
make sure you buy the FULL / COMPLETE electric wire harness of the engine ( 1 wire harness is for FI and 2nd harness is for electronic spark )+ multiplex silver box + bosch black box and spark bobina. BE SURE you get the gearbox sensor !!!!! , or ur engine will never start ! better get gearbox too, u'll have to keep the internals in x original gearbox housing :)
hope i was able to give you a small help, good luck !

Thanks for the fast response Ovi!

I too have made the trek out to the shop in the dark/rain/cold to fetch my electrical manual, measure something, or take a picture to answer a question! Wives generally don't understand why (Andronica, Erics wife, being a rare exception) :)

Back