New Griffin Racing Radiator

lanciahf

True Classic
Another part from my Scorpion that the PO was going to use. I already have a re-cored radiator from my old Scorpion and will not be needing this one. Radiator has never been installed. PO said the radiator was made for an X.

Note tubes are on the same side, I found an old post that deals with installing a radiator with tubes on the same side.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/12159/thread/1199811127/1199881580/scirocco+radiator+redux

$200.00 plus shipping
Parts located near Trenton NJ.

Thanks for looking
r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r7.jpg

r9.jpg

r10.jpg

x19 radiator

Hey, in your opinion is that rad, good enough for a x19 with racing engine, or should I get something a bit better, if its made for an x it should fit right in right?, anyway i'm in yonkers ny what you think the shipp would be to 10701, thanks, and is the price neg

I was told its for an X, as for your cooling needs I would only be guessing. Supposedly its "better" since its a pass through. Sorry if I could not be more helpful.
Price is negotiable if you pick it up. :)

Close... and it may work, but...

not exactly a direct fit! The inlet and outlet are not configured as a direct replacement like this on here.

Welcome.jpg

If there is clearance... I imagine a radiator hose could be routed from the left to the right... or a pro could move the goose-neck and patch up the other hole. Best to measure and be sure it actually fits the opening for even less trouble making it work.

Just as a comparison... MWB asks $175 for a good used stock radiator, $335 for a re-cored radiator and they were selling new aluminum ones, but I can't find a price listed. I believe it was in the mid $300s though.

So this offer (if workable) is a good deal... just wanted ya to know about what I see here... so you can weigh the issues and understand what needs to be done.

Tony, the Scirroco radiator conversion has this same problem...

If there is clearance... I imagine a radiator hose could be routed from the left to the right...

Of the hoses being on one side of the radiator. Getting around it is no big trick, you just need to route the hose correctly with some pipe and some rubber or silicone bends.

or a pro could move the goose-neck and patch up the other hole.

That would be no. The reason both hoses connect to the same side is that this is what is known as a "two pass" radiator (not to be confused with a "two row" or a "two core" radiator). This means the water enters on the top, passes left to the other tank across the top half of the radiator, and passes right across the radiator again on the bottom half. There is a separator between the inlet and outlet to accomplish this (you can see the weld line in the picture), otherwise the water would never flow across the core at all, it would just go straight from inlet to outlet.

Moving the outlet as you suggest would make it so water is only flowing across the top half of the radiator.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the clarification, I was thinking of using this radiator in the scorpion but did not want to cut one of the coolant tubes. This radiator looks easier to mount in an X since the coolant tubes exit straight unlike the scorpion where they are angled to either side.

Ralph

Good point Pete... I was focused on the inlet/outlet...

bungs so much I hadn't considered the one or two pass concept. Maybe cause I just assumed (again) that the stock x1/9 radiator was a single pass with the outlet on the left side and that this one was the same.

Thinking hard (boy that hurts...) this new radiator wouldn't work at all if it wasn't a two pass!

Captain Obvious strikes again!

not exactly a direct fit!...
The inlet and outlet are not configured as a direct replacement like this on here.

Welcome.jpg

The seller never said it was a "direct fit", he simply said that the PO told him it would fit an X. He also specifically called out the different hose mount ports, as well as providing photos, making it clearly evident that this would NOT be a "direct fit" (as in: a custom hose arrangement will be needed).

Back