New Roosevelt or Libre Wheels available

RicB

True Classic
From the same distributor that I purchased my Superlite wheels, now comes a replica of the Roosevelt or Libre wheels. I think I would have jumped on these if they were available when I got mine. They don't say on the website, but from an ad in Hemmings, they also come with black centers. Great looking classic wheel.

http://vtowheels.com/retro4.html

I gave them a call today...

It sounds very good. The 13 X 5.5's are about $145 and they are avalable. The 15 x 7's about $190 but not in production yet. They are going to update their website next week. I like those wheels. Had a set on my first X in the early 80's

definitely a classic look, but the trouble with 13s is lack of tire availability and with 15x7 you need a 175x45 or 175x50 tire to clear the front fender

What about 195/45

Depending on wheel offset, that tire should fit.
It is small enough and I have seen it on Xs.

Awesome, but...

...why can't they post some detail info?
What is the offest?
Weight?

I assume the original wheels were made of a much different alloy than these replicas.

Other replica wheels that are now available are a good bit heavier than the originals, because of that reason.

Details are posted on site, everything but weight...

The specs for each size are posted clearly. Weight is N/A but everything else down to available color is.

The VTO Retro 4 Wheel

Specs : 13"x5.5"

Bolt Patterns: 4 lug only - 95.25mm, 98mm, 100mm, 101.6mm,
108mm, 114.3mm

Offset & Backspace: +19mm ET, 4" B/S

Weight: N/A

Color: Silver, Black

This exact information is listed for every available size in each of their wheel models.

'PeteX1/9

Back