New to the Scorpion world

BrettM

1981 RHD X1/9
I have always wanted one, now I am the owner of a 1976 Lancia Scorpion. Did some trading and this car is pretty nice actually. Slow as Christmas though.
429292_4582469520440_1105626521_n.jpg

246621_4582490120955_865262198_n.jpg

554108_4582492001002_1996222464_n.jpg

Congrats! Nice looking example...

Got any particular plans in mind? Engine transplants and such? Or are you going to leave it stock? It looks fairly unmolested.

Pete

Plans...

Well, to be honest, no plans yet. I didn't plan on getting a Scorpion, just kinda fell into it with some trading. I also ended up with a 85 X1/9. The Scorpion is fairly stock but a little rough around the edges. Nothing a little detailing can't fix. These cars are so cool.

Congratulations!

Looks like a great car in the pics. The interior, while it looks greasy (armor-all?) also looks complete. A good starting point whether you go stock or custom.

Looks like the '76 cars had slightly different dash vent details. My center ones pivot. I love all the differences, big and small.

Consider joining us over at Lancisti.net for a similar forum experience to this one. I've found it very helpful and there's tons of reference material; manuals, pics, etc.

Thanks

The shine on the naugahyde is from the fluorescent lights above. I am looking forward to learning more about the details of these unusual cars. Amazing how rare they are these days.

What is your VIN?

The last four digits more importantly...

Mine are 1762 which suggests it is one of the last of the 1800 built. Too bad mine's so rough at this point in its life. After/during L-Jet conversion I'll be getting on that. :rolleyes2:

There are many exxe owners who are also Lancia Scorpion/Montecarlo owners. They share numerous bits, but in many ways so very different.

They each have their individual personality and charm which complements each other.

They are also more of a exotic Italian kit car that needs to be finished properly.. when this Lancia is made proper, it is very special car in many ways.

Note the market value of these have been on the rise mostly in the EU.

Bernice

Well, to be honest, no plans yet. I didn't plan on getting a Scorpion, just kinda fell into it with some trading. I also ended up with a 85 X1/9. The Scorpion is fairly stock but a little rough around the edges. Nothing a little detailing can't fix. These cars are so cool.

Back