New to X1/9's

ga.spyder

Daily Driver
Hello,new to the forum and X's but not Fiats.I am a Spider owner and FLU member.I have aquired a 1 owner,81 X with the help of a couple people(Kevin B and Denise).The car is solid,but with a few minor issues to work thru.I will be checking in for help.Some issues
wheel bearings sound like they have gravel in them
brakes dont work well
electrical glitches(fuel guage,blower,etc...)
needs timing belt,oil change and TLC
P/O bought the car new,and every mile was put on by him.Shows 52000 on the odo.No rust,good paint...Just wanted to sat hey.I will post some pix in the next day or so.
Craig Nelson

Welcome to Xweb Craig!

Congrats on getting a "new" car! Post some pics when you get a chance.

Is that COMMANDER CRAIG NELSON... Captain of the Seaview?

In any case... welcome aboard... or as we usually say here, to the DARK SIDE!

Lots to do on that car... but like eating an elephant, it best to take one bite at a time.

We're here to help... and love doing it and sharing what we THINK we know...

Do ask here before you do ANYTHING... and we have probably made all the mistakes for you already and you can take advantage of that!

Welcome Craig!

I still need to replace suspension bushings after our run on the Tail at FFO! Post some pics of your X for all to see!

Jim

Captain of the Seaview?

There's a vast majority here that'll never know what you're talking about! Haaa! I used to watch that program in the very early 1970's.
Before the X19 hit the market. Loved the show.

Truly, we are old.... :dead:

Welcome Craig,

Your in the right place!

Let us know what you're working on and post some pix, your guaranteed to get some answers. Welcome aboard.

Bob,

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea... Early '70s?.... Try 1964 - 1968... and that's for the TV show. The original movie was 1961!

Hell, the first episodes were shown in Black and White. I'm depressed I can remember that...

You're older than you realize... :):):)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT8zSEYB_3I"]YouTube- Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea (1966) - TV Intro[/ame]

I do remember this show. Found it a bit scary for me at the time.
The theme was similar to 20,000 leagues under the sea by Disney, based on a work from Jules Verne.

Then we have Star Trek..

That really was a different place in time.

Bernice

There's a vast majority here that'll never know what you're talking about! Haaa! I used to watch that program in the very early 1970's.
Before the X19 hit the market. Loved the show.

Truly, we are old.... :dead:

Welcome to the Italian X family.

Get the basics done and go from there. We will be here if needed.

One last thing, if you're not sure of anything on your X.. Ask, it can and will save more than a bit of grief.

Bernice

Hello,new to the forum and X's but not Fiats.I am a Spider owner and FLU member.I have aquired a 1 owner,81 X with the help of a couple people(Kevin B and Denise).The car is solid,but with a few minor issues to work thru.I will be checking in for help.Some issues
wheel bearings sound like they have gravel in them
brakes dont work well
electrical glitches(fuel guage,blower,etc...)
needs timing belt,oil change and TLC
P/O bought the car new,and every mile was put on by him.Shows 52000 on the odo.No rust,good paint...Just wanted to sat hey.I will post some pix in the next day or so.
Craig Nelson

Hey Craig:

Glad you stopped by this forum. Good folks here.

We need to have a get together (me, you and Denise) at your place to work through the issued on this x. A good weekend of cleaning, and trouble shooting / maintenance will fix this one right up....

Claire is in getting knee replcement surgery (I am in the waiting room) right now, but after a few weeks of recovery, I should be able to break away for a weekend to help out.

:)

Hiya Craig - just to say ......

Hello from the UK! You'll get all the help and encouragement for any X project here. Just make sure you post some pictures or these ravenous wolves will be on your case big-time!

Hey Pappa, Jim & Bob! Talkin' about JTTBOTS, how would you like to have had Kowalski as your shipmate? Every other episode he was taken over by aliens, brainwashed into trying to take out the admiral or infected with some disease or other!

Later ....

I believe Craig is talking about this x

geoffcollege137.jpg

Hey guys,thanks for all the warm welcomes.Kevin,thanks for posting the pic.That is the car.My pictures are all on our old desktop,which has crashed and burned!
Kevin,I hope Claire is doing ok?I would absolutely take you up on the offer of a garage day.Although I am very familiar with all the systems on the Spider...I am lost with the X
I have ordered bearings and a timing belt from IAP,both jobs need to be done before driving the car much.The car has suffered from basic lack of maint.,but is very solid.My wife seems taken by the little fellow,so I think its a keeper.My 82 Spider is looking a little jealous at the attention the X is getting,and the shrinking garage space !!
Craig
ps...unfortunately,I remember that tv show :eek:mg:

I still want that x even after knowing that I did not have the $...

I get second right of refusal after Dee if you get rid of it, right?

Thanks for asking about Claire. She got up several times today on her new knee, and is in a lot of pain, but every step is a little better.

maybe in late Aug or early Sept (if thats not too late) wan spend a day turning wrenches. I would really enjoy that.

:D

Bout time you showed up!

I sure hope Rose wants the little guy cuz I haven't had the heart to tell Ron I bought another one! I think she'd enjoy it once you get the wheel bearings replaced.

HA... Finally... a response! "Voyage" used all...

... the latest and greatest special effects of the mid-1960s!

Welcome aboard, Commander!

Hey D,I think its a keeper!At least...I hope so! I have been buffing,detailing,changing fluids ,etc.I might be a little ticked if she decides to let it go now.So,sleep soundly knowing you wont have to tell Ron you're buying cars when you are supposed to be thining out your fleet!!;)
Its a nice little car,but hasnt had much upkeep done.I found all his maint. records,and he last changed the oil 8000 miles ago...in 1996 !!!!:eek:mg:

Back