Next year, I gotta have AC (it was 108 today, again)

Arizonax19

True Classic
Are there any aftermarket "turn key" systems that will work in an X? FWIW, this car once had stock a/c at one time...

I supposes I could google everything, but if anyone has any actual experience in this area I would certainly appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks!

What all was removed when the AC system was taken out?? There's a good chance a lot of the components are still there. The hardest part I believe is the climate controls in the dash which is probably already done. Call Madd mat, get a list of everything, check off what's still in there, and order the rest!

+1 for stock system

I have the stock A/C in my Bertone and it's a good system. I've converted it to 134a so it's not as cold as it could be. Mostly because all I did was refill it with a conversion kit.

If you change the drier, replace the orings and perhaps get a larger condenser, you could have a great system. New custom hoses and you'd be set for many years.

When fixing my wife's (lightly) wrecked rodeo...

the a/c condensor was first on the to-do list...Of course it was running near 115 every day at the time.

Thankfully fall is right around the corner.

The controls are all there

and the hoses and drier are still in the car as well. I also have a compressor on the shelf...so I guess the next step is making a list. Unless of course someone already has made one they want to share maybe? :)

I was just thinking that there would be something a bit lighter and more efficient than the 30 year old stock system...

T

Ha!

Visited AZ during July a few years ago. When the bottled water was poured into a cup and steam was rising out of the cup.. It reminded me of just how HOT it was. Believe me, I understand what you're dealing with..

Maybe the time to drive your X is early morning or later after sunset when it's not so darn HOT. Or, use the X during the "winter" or Early Spring when it is cooler.

this summer so that's a push, right?

A/C is a must

I don't care what the naysayers think. Without air I would sell my X19. The engine hoses probably leak, the rest should be replaced too since they are so old. I need to recharge mine every six months or so, until I change the rest of the lines.

Bob

I love my A/C

The hot, humid Georgia summers demand that I have A/C. I don't use it often, but it sure is NICE when I need it and it's THERE!

Hoses.

I have found two leaking hoses on my car. I replaced them with spares from Matt Brannon. I just ordered everything from a complete car, the hoses with the dryer were only about $80. But just to let you know there is a supplier in Phoneix that I buy my AC hose parts from called A.C. Source. It is possible to reuse the old fittings by cutting off the feruel, removing the fitting and installing a new feruel and crimping. The X uses a copper evaporator and condensor, the only way they will leak is through damage like hitting a parking curb. The fittings are all steel, meaning that they won't leak or pit like the aluminium fittings will from moisture in the system. So with a little effort you can remove the old hoses, remove the crimped feruel, purchase new hose and feruels and all you need is someone to crimp them, and that guy is in Phoneix.

I did purchase a crimper with dies ( Master Cool unit from ebay for $185USD)

Worth looking into.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Back