Oct. 25th's New England Gathering

bbrown

Bob Brown
Probably the best "last day" we could wish for, MikeS (Rooster) BBeaudet, JimW and I got together, most with our significant others for a last-in-the-season get-together before retiring our X's for the year.

I didn't get a chance to take a whole lot of pictures, but MikeS's GF had her camera in-hand and I'm hoping to get a copy of that collection if I can sometime in the future.

As usual, a great time was had by all. We took a drive down N.E. roads covered with COLOR everywhere. The 'county's best' were out in force as well, so we all had to watch the depth our pedal positions as we drove. :(

Here are a few shots of the day. Sorry I didn't take more, but maybe Roostahh can add to the collection.

Enjoy!

Here's the lineup:
nefallmeetupcars2009.jpg

Here's a blurry photo of MikeS and GF Marie. It's blurry because the photo was taken a bit too quickly... This was Marie's first X1/9 gathering and her personality matches her gorgeous looks. Mike's a lucky man...

mikemarie.jpg

Candid of BBeaudet... Proof you can't have a bad time at an X meet.
bbodet.jpg

JimW checking things out. BBeaudet on the right.
jimwsm.jpg

Marie standing guard with the Bumble-Bee.

mariesm.jpg

We missed DamonFG, Paul Stoltz, ScottA, JoeF, DougV, and a few others this time around but hope to catch you all on the next run.

Hope you all enjoy. Looking forward to a winter-time reunion in the coming months. (next time at my place)

Last edited:
Thanks Mike for Hosting.

I had a great time and it was a great day for a drive in New England. Mike treated us to his own homemade rootbeer and beer. Good Stuff.

Bob Brown was kind enough to service my distributor while we were at Mike's house. He pulled the whole thing apart and lubed up the advance mechanisims.

It didn't solve my hot starting issues but at least we can rule out the dizzy as a variable.

Bob.

Looks like you had a beautiful day

Nice pics Bob. Wish I could have been there.

Yup, fun was had by all... thanks Mike for pulling this together and leading the way through those nice NH back roads. ..also, your brews were awesome (sampled them all.. :drink:)

...and set a record for most Fiats in my driveway...

Looks like you had a great day...

The fall colors are magnificent also... Wish I coulda been there.

I also noticed a complete absence of the Big "M"...

This will NOT happen at BFI as I plan to baptize everyone in attendance!

I may have to order some more to restock for the winter...

HA!

All my best,

Tony

LOL, the Big M was replaced by a 5 tap kegerator...

Thanks again everybody! Marie and I had a blast and the car (even tho running lean) did very well. Now its time to tear it apart and put the Uno motor in as well as MegaSquirt.

BTW Bob, Marie (Kim) says thanks for the kind compliment!

Yeah, Kim....

I've gotta blame Carol for that... Ha!
Nothing like talking 'face to face' with a person and calling then by the wrong name! :dunce: :( :confuse2: :whistle:

So Mike, did Marie get any good shots?

Bob was just being thoughtful

BTW Bob, Marie (Kim) says thanks for the kind compliment!

Hey Mike, I am sure Bob figured if Kim is going to be hanging around with you, she probably needs an alias!! ;)

BTW Bob...

That shot of Mike following Kim makes the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland look TOOTHLESS!

Looks like the "cat that swallowed the family hamster"!

Hmmmm!

Oh... and now yur starting to forget and mix up names... The downward spiral increases...

HA!

Yur' right...

The memory cells are fading... kinda like my eyesight.

But the funny thing here is that people still think her name is still Kim! Ha!

I think I need some rest now... :confused:

I've gotta blame Carol for that... Ha!
Nothing like talking 'face to face' with a person and calling then by the wrong name! :dunce: :( :confuse2: :whistle:

So Mike, did Marie get any good shots?

Yup, she tried sending them to you, but I think I goofed your email address. She'll give them to me tomorrow and I'll post up

Back