Odd fuel pump/line problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1

RETIRED Admin, pm OFF
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top colSpan=2>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Odd fuel pump/line problem.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 27 2001 at 7:24 PM[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "M";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "D";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Michael Nehring"); // --> </SCRIPT>Michael Nehring <NOSCRIPT> Michael Nehring </NOSCRIPT> [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=3><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I have a 1986 X1/9 that I got for $500 (running:)). However, the guy had it off the road for 2.5 years, and as you can imagine, it had some problems. Well, I got all of the major problems fixed. As I was driving today, the fuel line that connects the big fuel filter to the metal pipe sprung a pin-hole leak. Well, that’s when the trouble began. I was able to get to a nearby auto parts place and get a replacement rubber fuel line and some new clamps. I fixed that leak (I checked many, many times to make sure that it wasn’t leaking). However, by that time some gasoline had spilled on the surface of the water pump and surrounding parts.
Now the gas pump makes a noise like a loud buzzing bee (rather than the soft purr that it made before). The louder it buzzes, the less gas it can get to the engine. One time it took over 10 minutes of trying to get it to start (no, I was not cranking the starter for 10 minutes!).
So, here are some other odd things I noticed. Once I get it running, if I accelerate without putting the pedal to the metal, then there is no problem (the fuel pump still buzzes, but the car doesn’t do other odd things). Then if I go full throttle, it starts having a tough time getting gas to the engine (it pooped out at 6000 RPM in first, 5500 in 2nd). Then if I let it idle after flooring it, it idles at 500 RPM (that is, it is almost stalled). If I accelerate normally again, it seems to start working again.
I guess I can drive the car fine with this problem, but it does remove a lot of the fun!
Please get back ASAP with any ideas you might have on how to solve this odd problem.

-Michael Nehring

1980 Fiat X1/9 in red.
1986 Bertone X1/9 in black and gray.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Author[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Reply[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "v";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "w";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "y";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Steve Hoelscher"); // --> </SCRIPT>Steve Hoelscher <NOSCRIPT> Steve Hoelscher </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Some Ideas<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 27 2001, 7:56 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Sounds like the tank had some crap in it. Maybe rust. Have you checked the fuel filter to see if its stopped up? Also try pulling the line off the bottom of the pump and drain out some fuel. See how fast it comes out of the line. Sometimes crud can cover the pickup at the bottom of the tank. Also, check to see what comes out. If you got a bunch of crud, then it could have stopped up the filter, the pump, or both.

Steve

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "k"; document.write("James Krass"); // --> </SCRIPT>James Krass <NOSCRIPT> James Krass </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I agree with Steve, it's crud in the system.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 27 2001, 8:58 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Get to it asap or you'll pay later. Your situation sound exactly like the one I had this Spring. Stalling, loss of power, fuel pump noise, all of it. I pulled the filter, cleaned the pump, checked the pressure sensor, and replaced all the lines, including the ones coming directly from the tank. Use F.I. approved hoses only too. I'm happy to say my problems where solved after I did all this. Actually I pulled out an cleaned all the injectors just in case. If the car was sitting that long the fuel inside is varnish and the tank is crud filled. Clean it up before you go any further.
Later,
James
The Happy X-er Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit Club American X1/9 @ http://americanx19.tripod.com/americanx19.htm

Driver since 1987 <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial] [/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "p";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Tony Natoli"); // --> </SCRIPT>Tony Natoli <NOSCRIPT> Tony Natoli </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->As Steve says and understand...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 27 2001, 8:53 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->... that it is NORMAL for the fuel pump to BUZZ rapidly until line pressure is established... then it slows down.

If there were a clog AHEAD of the pump... it would always be slow... if its unable to gather enough fuel to make pressure... then yuir tank is empty or there is an obstruction BEFORE the pump.

Sounds like CRUD in the tank to me... Carefully remove the six nuts holding the pickup tube in the tank... remove and inspect.

There is no real good way of getting the gas out save a good hand pump... flush with water several times and then with mineral spirits and then fill with gas again so it doesn't rust.

Let us know what ya find!

Best Regards,

Tony Natoli
Two '79s, WHITE FANG and BLACKTOOTH<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "s";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "v";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "w";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "y";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Steve Hoelscher"); // --> </SCRIPT>Steve Hoelscher <NOSCRIPT> Steve Hoelscher </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->FI Tanks<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 28 2001, 7:28 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->On Bosch L-Jetronic equipped cars, the fuel pickup for the electric pump is from the bottom of the tank. You only need to pull the line off to drain the tank.

Steve

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "M";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "D";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Michael Nehring"); // --> </SCRIPT>Michael Nehring <NOSCRIPT> Michael Nehring </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Thanks...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 29 2001, 6:10 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Well, I did drain the tank, but guess what? The gasoline was very clear and free of any grime. However, I did notice that a pinhole leak started on the hose that leads to the 4th fuel injector (the would explain some of the problems I was having. As the leak got bigger, it could rev lower and lower because that 4th cylinder had very little fuel and could hardly go bang). This was the second indipendent gas line leak in just a couple of days, so I decided to replace all the gas lines. Tomorrow I finish that project:). I will also get a replacement fuel filter tomorrow. I look forward to having my full-powered high-reving X1/9 back!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "p";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "t"; document.write("Tony Natoli"); // --> </SCRIPT>Tony Natoli <NOSCRIPT> Tony Natoli </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Makes sense... with the pinhole leak, the pump...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 29 2001, 7:16 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->... would never be able to achieve PROPER operating pressure and thereby run fast (and faster) trying to make up for the loss.

Actually, this would have an affect on ALL cykinders to some degree.

Make sure you use the PROPER FUEL INJECTION fuel line... as regular fuel line is too EXPANDABLE. I think its three times the cost... and replacing it ALL now is SMART!

Will hear the good news on Monday???

Best Regards,

Tony Natoli
Two '79s, WHITE FANG and BLACKTOOTH
Santa Clarita, CA<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "M";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "h";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "e";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "D";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "g";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "n";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "a";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "m"; document.write("Michael Nehring"); // --> </SCRIPT>Michael Nehring <NOSCRIPT> Michael Nehring </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Argh! More trouble - but a solution in sight!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 30 2001, 4:28 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hello again. Well, I've been working at it all day. I have all new rubber fuel lines that work great without a leak. I was so happy that I got that done. Well, I started the car, and the same thing happened. It was clear that there was a major lack of fuel. Then I took out the fuel filter (finaly!) the fuel that poured out the bottom was filled with dirt and junk (showing that the filter was almost full of junk, and that would cause the fuel system to fail to give enough fuel to the various parts of the system). Well, I went to a local auto parts store (sorry, not a special Fiat dealer:-( ). I was able to find an exact match for the fuel filter. I installed that, and it ran fine for about 30 seconds, then the problem came back.
Then I went inside and killed myself (ha ha, just kidding). Well, at that point I was very mad.
So.... I thought that maybe the fuel pump had problems, so I borrowed an oil pressure gauge that came with a 1985 Mercedes Benz 280SL (one of the most fun front engine cars on earth). I rigged it up to read the pressure of my fuel pump. I turned on the pump and the gauge instantly topped out at 90PSI. Oh, well, the pump was strong.
Then I turned on the pump again and squeezed each tube to see if I could feel fuel being pushed through. I found out that there was no pressure or fuel being pushed through right after the pressure regulator. I did a few more 'tests' to verify my idea. Sure enough, the pressure regulator was not letting any gasoline thourgh.
So... I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this little critter. I would guess it would be impossible to fix and I just have to get a new one (which is what I will do tomorrow or monday if no one has any ideas).
This would also explain the busted tubes. If this device didn't let any pressure through, then pressure would build up in other parts of the system, causing them to bust at their weakest points.
Well, I'm happy that I finaly seemed to have isolated the problem. Thanks everyone for the help so far! This is a great group. I hope in the future I will be able to answer questions as well as ask them:)

-Michael Nehring
1980 Red Fiat X1/9. Not running.
1986 Black and Grey Bertone X1/9. Well, it will be running once I pop on the new pressure regulator!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Your problem is still CRUD!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 30 2001, 9:04 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 30px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Regulator, pump, injectors, lines, tank, etc!

Ya need to WHOLESALE the system... open it all up and PURGE IT... and maybe even run TWO filters in PARALLEL, not SERIES, to finally effect a cure.

You said it yurself... It ran fine for 30 seconds, then it (CLOGGED UP AGAIN AND) failed. I would imagine that unless you do it all... you'll struggle with this for YEARS to come.

(My new car had trouble with some of the finest sediment I have ever seen that messed up the jets in my CARBURETOR.)

Michael... ya FOUND the problem... ya just didn't FIT it! It usually take me three tries... and I AM GOOD at this stuff!

HA!

Best Regards,

Tony Natoli
Two '79s, WHITE FANG and BLACKTOOTH
Santa Clarita, CA<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="17.9%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<SCRIPT language=Javascript> <!-- var n54_em; n54_em = ""; n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "f";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "d";n54_em = n54_em + "@";n54_em = n54_em + "t";n54_em = n54_em + "i";n54_em = n54_em + "l";n54_em = n54_em + "b";n54_em = n54_em + "r";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + "k";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "c";n54_em = n54_em + "o";n54_em = n54_em + ".";n54_em = n54_em + "u";n54_em = n54_em + "k"; document.write("James Krass"); // --> </SCRIPT>James Krass <NOSCRIPT> James Krass </NOSCRIPT>[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->If you don't clean it good......<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial][/FONT]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 30 2001, 9:17 PM [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 45px">
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->.......you'll be pulling out and replacing injectors. Not fun and not cheap. Trust me, I did this last Spring.

Glad to hear you found the problem.
Happy motoring.

James Krass<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

closeThread.gif
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back