off set question for Campy's and Cromodora's

I have a question regarding offset for a set of Campy's that I wan't to put on my X. I have the Campy 4 spoke design wheels. 13 x 5.5 .
I would like to put on 185 60's on them. My X is slightly lowered. Will I need spacers or not and will this wheel and tire combo fill the wheel wells nicely ? Also,given the same tire size as a direct comparison,would the Cromodora Abarth 4 spoke wheel also in 13 x5.5 fit any different on the X ? And just for the record,what is the offset on these Campy's and what is the offset on the Abarth Cromodora's that I mentioned?

Rob... they should... BUT...

Why not measure the BACKSPACING and determine the OFFSET just to be sure.

Best done in mm... but they can be converted easily in inches... and then you can compare them if you wish, to the stock wheels.

Most likely, they will work just fine... but if not, the mistake could be COSTLY to correct.

If in doubt... measure first, then have the dealer mount ONE without balancing... and then install it on all four corners to be sure. If OK, then mount and balance the rest.

I have a stock configuration, set of Ansens with 185HR60x13s up front and THREE stock spacers which give me about 3/8 of an inch more positive offset, the car is lowered about two inches and they only rub on occasion, just because I'm too fat.

Like I said... yours should be fine.

HTH...

The Cromodora CD30 has an offset of 7mm.
It fits well w/o a spacer in the front and about a 10mm spacer in the back.

I believe the Campagnolos have more offest (making them stick out less). Your wheels should say the offset on them.
If they had an offset of, say, 18mm, they would stick out 11mm less and you could make them fit roughly the same as the CD30 with a 10mm spacer front and 20mm spacer back.

Back