Oh lovely

tfphoenix

King Phoenix
No wonder this was so hard to remove. The tabs were broken off so they glued it to the wheel :hrmph:

fia2j.jpg

DON'T YOU TOSS IT!!!

HAHAHA!

I guess the PO never heard of VELCRO!!!

In any case, even though these are NOT my favorite wheels and caps... many others LONG to have them. Duplicolor silvers can make them look like NEW and with some Velcro... reinstall just fine!

uhh

well I live in Oregon and the guy I got it from lives here in Oregon City too he didn't mention any previous owners other than that the owner before him was female.

EDIT: Oh and it's the front drivers side wheel.

Last edited:
You knoww JJ, that does look like ur handi work. Id be interested in locating 4 of those caps with missing tabs. They shouldnt cost much. I dont think the velcro would work veyy well though.

Don't Fret...

When I brought my 1985 home two months ago, THREE of the four wheel covers were glued on! With 100% silicone caulk, no less....
I'm not a fan of those covers, so pitched them. Before re-painting, make sure all traces of the adhesive are gone. Then polish up those neat lug bolt heads & hit them with some clear coat.
I painted mine to match the two-tone paint job.

Brian, "in da UP"

(You may have to click on the image to make it bigger, I haven't figured out why yet!)

Brian I hafta say that I've never liked trons before....but your car makes them look good! The color, the exposed lugs, tire size....all great!

When I brought my 1985 home two months ago, THREE of the four wheel covers were glued on! With 100% silicone caulk, no less....
I'm not a fan of those covers, so pitched them. Before re-painting, make sure all traces of the adhesive are gone. Then polish up those neat lug bolt heads & hit them with some clear coat.
I painted mine to match the two-tone paint job.

Brian, "in da UP"

(You may have to click on the image to make it bigger, I haven't figured out why yet!)

Very nice! IMHO if you could get a small center cap inside the lug nut pattern that would finish it off. Still really like it regardless.

all but one of my caps were glued on with some weird black silicone that was a PITA to get all of it off.

-Tim

Painted TRON's...

Thanks for the kind words Tim & Alex....I've got that center cap issue covered. I am going to paint the center hub itself Dark Brown to further tie in the two-tone scheme. 'Just have to wait for the snow to go away....Think Spring...

Brian, "in da UP"

I remember

seeing a set of trons once
with a set of the plastic center caps found on the steel wheels in the below pic

not sure if they were modified but IMHO it looked pretty good

img0216qv.th.jpg
a%3E

seeing a set of trons once
with a set of the plastic center caps found on the steel wheels in the below pic

not sure if they were modified but IMHO it looked pretty good

img0216qv.th.jpg
a%3E

Fits with zero modifications AND I also think it looks pretty good. http://www.fiatplus.com/1980-steel-wheel-hubcap-pr-299087.html

Thanks for the suggestion, I had not thought of it myself. Now if the car I have a set of Trons on was worth putting hubcaps on...

These would also work if you trimmed the OD about 1/4". http://www.fiatplus.com/1975-1978-hub-cap-pr-298403.html

Back