out on a limb here

mikemo90

True Classic
I am in the process of painting my x and taking off the plate off my doorjamb, I cracked the plastic plate with all the info. the build plate has been painted several times and the only thing left is the embossed build date(12 73 ) and the serial number 0009574. I think this might be one of the first one's that hit the west coast.
this isn't going to be a full blown resto, but built how I love to drive it (as it was meant to.)
anybody out there know how to get ahold of the powers that be to get a replica??
Let put our minds to it. I know you guy's know how:)
mikemo90*aol.com

Hey Mike, since you are not entering this at Pebble Beach...

Why not simply take a photo of the broken plaque in place... maybe a couple and place them and the plaque with the registration in the glove box. Fill the holes and paint.

If there is any issues with DMV later you can show them your evidence and how it matches the VIN on the firewall as well as the other two tags.

BTW, you are exempt anyway... and most registration folks will ask you to show them the VIN, but not know enough to ask for all 4.

Just my 29 cents...

Oh... lastly... you can page or write Ricardo here as he can forge... I mean duplicate anything. Tell 'em Tony sent ya...

Laser Printing Transfered to Aluminum

Here's a link to an article about fusing Laser Printing to Powder-Coated Aluminum Flashing: http://rick.sparber.org/LPPC.pdf

You could make a reasonable facsimile by using a word-processor to create the printed text, and stamping the numbers by hand.

(Of course, I can't speak to any legal ramifications.)

Brian

plate

thanks tony!!
I will try ricardo. the tire size and gvw does't matter, I just want the plate to denote year and build date.:wink2:

Back