Paging Christ Obert, (and everyone else for advice)

Quantumleap

Rich Banks
Got a new headlight switch from you a few days ago, (wasn't cheap, but want a switch that's not going to fail like the used one I bought a year ago), I didn't install it as I compared the new switch with the original, the original has two rows of prongs, three in each row...the new switch has ONE row of 4 prongs and nothing else, this is obviously the wrong part or am I wrong? Any suggestions? ps: the new one was listed as being one for my model
fiatswitch.jpg

Christ?

Got a new headlight switch from you a few days ago, (wasn't cheap, but want a switch that's not going to fail like the used one I bought a year ago), I didn't install it as I compared the new switch with the original, the original has two rows of prongs, three in each row...the new switch has ONE row of 4 prongs and nothing else, this is obviously the wrong part or am I wrong? Any suggestions? ps: the new one was listed as being one for my model
fiatswitch.jpg

I have been called lots of things, but Christ?
Looks like you purchased a 7550639? (I am guessing, as I am only in the warehouse two days a week, and can't check invoices from the workshop). 7550639 will fit your car, but only if you fabricate as stated in the description! http://www.fiatplus.com/headlamp-control-switch-pr-284275.html
The installation instructions were supposed to be included... I will need to mention it to Rob... We also just 'changed' shippers, so we need the feedback if the job is being done incorrectly. Elliot may not have realized the instructions in the bin box needed to be included. Seems we can't find folks that can read minds AND work for minimum wage part time any more!
We can either send the instructions seperately, or fax them.
The instructions are also posted on the Greek X19 club's webpage, I think I saw them on the front page. They were much better than the ones I had previously done, so I lifted a copy earlier this week and now have those in the box and tossed my old hand drawn instructions...
The original 4466314 switch is no longer available new, so this is the only choice these days if you want new.
If you want to return it I have no problems, just follow the instructions, or send Rob an email if you want him to issue a call tag.
If you got a different switch from us, or you are asking for a different Christ, please disregard what I said above!

Good options for a NLA part...

That is a Fiat part from the Panda and some other Euro Fiat models. That means that it is most likely going to be available for some time to come. Thanks for making that option available to us.
Brett

Yeah, I have an 87 X (and I can see you have an 86) and the headlight switch does have 2 rows of connectors. I had to buy a headlight switch as well not long ago and liked to never found one. Finally a guy on EvilBay in England posted one, and it wasn't cheap, but I got it. Hoping not to go through that fiasco again.

Sorry Chris! lol, I will say this tho....

You ARE a "Savior" of Fiats after all! lol, thanks for all the suggestions, that wiring diagram looks great, but it could be in a different language for me, I guess I'll have to print it up and show it to someone who'll understand it more than myself, an improvement would be nice after all, and I heard relaying it all extends the life of the switch and makes the lights brighter. Cheers - Rich

Back