Paging Mac...

dcioccarelli

Dominic Cioccarelli
Mac, if you are listening, check your e-mail. I sent you a couple of e-mails about the Wiki, most recently about the fact that we have spammers setting up accounts so we need to change the default security policy. This needs to be done quite quickly...

Cheers,
Dom.

will do

I have been avoiding my inbox for the past week-ish, but for this, will go check it this weekend. Do you still have the revised php file we had been exchanging? I assume the modifications need to be made to that? (Or if 'stock' setting massage is not enough, we may need to start customizing the separate wiki account registration procedure, like we've done with the forum system, vericodes, hidden spambot traps etc). I have the last revision you sent but hadn't uploaded it yet (doga** slow, I am a slug :snail: I am sorry about that). It figures about spammers, its just a matter of time, on the forum side, we repel them all the time. I guess its time to start doing the same with the wiki... In case I haven't said so lately, thank you once more for all your hard work on the wiki project, it is shaping up very nicely so far!

:)

You rock dude, let's try that, I will upload it to the Xweb server this weekend (I have to resetup my 'cute ftp') and see if the tweaks trip them up, if not, then we'll get neo on their butts and start reaching for the big guns! ;)

Hey Dom

I just stuck my head in my email, grabbed down your latest file, stuck it on the server, hit the wiki, and got this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in [file].php on line 1

I did not examine it any further at the moment, I just had to revert it back to the previous file to get the wiki back online

As an aside, did you save the changed file as UTF-8 encoding? (I seem to recall if you don't it won't work right, I think...)

Elsewise I know your code to typically be "good" so not sure what the deal is with this one offhand.

Do you need me to send you a fresh copy of the stock one to try again with?

Thanks again

bump

Dom, do you need a fresh copy of the file? Or are you working with one of the other mods to get it uploaded? Thanks again for all your hard work, I want to be sure we get this sorted out for you/us asap...

slight snag

I have been trying to get it to work however the file appears to just not work (keeps giving errors). I believe it is not formatting the file correctly on save at my end. I am going to setup "ultra edit" and see if it will work. stay tuned

ok

no luck, ultraedit got it to save the right encoding but I still got a new code error x8, had to revert temporarily, see email for details...

Hang in there Dom we will get there yet! :censored: :mallet:

Back