Paint code to formula question

CaliforniaX1/9

LarsSivad
Does anybody know where to find or have the paint mixing formula to mix Bertone White-Bianco Code 224 for a 1987 X?

Thanks,
Larry

Nope.... but...

... kinda like BLACK... WHITE is kinda WHITE...

HA!

I know there are loads of "off-whites" out there and Bright White, Cloud White, etc, etc... But just what is it that you are going after that you would need such an EXACT formula?

Secondly... someone could take the correct "formula" and still not get it right when they go to mix it and no one would necessarily be the wiser.

I'm not aware of any NCRS-type ratings for this car nor any group or any one that would really care that much if it was not the exact factory white.

If that is what you're after Larry, then so be it and have fun. I just hate to see anyone beating themselves over something like this.

Several Paint Manufacturers

have an electronic paint "reader" that scans the paint in an unmolested area (like the area near the front shock towers out of the sun) and comes up with a paint formula for their product. That's what I did for my Paint Code 188 Bordeaux Red and it's dead on.
Good luck,
Dave

Tony,

I like black too; if it were up to me I would have a black car. Unfortunately, my searching turned up white, maybe not too creative or vibrant but the car has great bones; no body damage and little if any rust (can’t stand rust).

I understand the issues with mixing formulas; I’ve played that game at Home Depot getting wide ranges of wall colors from the same swatch.

Guess my only goal is to get a close looking match to the original color. Seriously, this may be too anal but I’ve been trying to put her back to stock. Hate seeing cars with two colors. The guy I have doing the painting was asking as he too has been thwarted by trying to find the formula in his channels. He’s taken a piece of the car down and had is analyzed but asked if I could flush out a closer match through this forum.

If nobody has a formula then I’ll simply either go with the computer match of existing paint or pick a swatch out that seems close.

Thanks for your input Tony; I keep seeing you’re in California and am looking forward to meeting you sometime.

Cheers,
Larry

Back