Parking and Signal lights

CALMOTION

True Classic
The front driver side work like a charm but the front passenger side does not seem to have power going to the plug. Does it happen to use a seperate fuse. The signal and the parking light does not have power (check with test light). thanks in advance

What year?

Well, here's some things to check.

I don't know about the earlier ones bit the later models have a single fused line to the blinker circuit. If one blinker works, the other one should work too.

Be sure your ground connection inside the pod is a good one.

If it's a late model, you MIGHT have a bad connection on the bottom of the fuse panel. Drop it down, remove 2 screws, and unplug/replug the sockets to refresh the connection.

Also, you might have an issue with the steering console switch assembly. The only thing you can repair there is the connections underneath the steering column.

Yes - different fuses

The front driver side work like a charm but the front passenger side does not seem to have power going to the plug. Does it happen to use a seperate fuse. The signal and the parking light does not have power (check with test light). thanks in advance

Yes - different fuses for the two sides.

If you don't have a wiring diagram, this car WILL make you crazy. It may anyways, but at least with a wiring diagram you'll have a fighting chance.

I have a '75 wiring diagram that I can mail you if you give me an email address, the ones in the big blue looseleaf FIAT shop manual are very good, and there are a few others hanging around out on the web.

Blinker

The rear light for the signal lights up so I figured the steering switch is good. I'm also not sure which fuse to check. Thanks

PM Sent and...

Here are the contents for the archive!

I believe that they are seperate fuses, both turn signals are on fuse A (assuming you have pre-1985 1500), the drivers parking light is on fuse G, and the passenger parking light is on fuse H. Maybe check your ground? Here is a link to a diagram: http://lemley.net/electric/bertone_s.../bertone_2.png

and here is a manual with the fuses identified on page 5: http://www.midwesternmedicalmachine.com/~damonfg/X_FSM/PDF_Files/X1-9_55_Contents_55.pdf

Good luck!!:)

Back