Perhaps the ultimate Yugo!

That is nuts, but looks like it steers like a wet sponge.

it does a (quite slow) lap of an autocross track at the end of the video

SteveC

I wonder how it does at the drag strip.
who cares? It certainly wouldn't be fast enough to impress serious drag racers...

it may have 1000CID, the owner gave a small hint to what the whole thing would weigh... and what the powertrains would weigh... a little guesstimate of actual HP to the wheels and with a vehicle weight you can get a pretty good idea what it would do over a standing 400m.

Who cares how fast it can go in a straight line if it corners like a mollusc...

SteveC

That is nuts, but looks like it steers like a wet sponge.

it does a (quite slow) lap of an autocross track at the end of the video

SteveC

Actually, there's another YouTube video where it looks like it runs pretty good. Like it or not the build looks to be good quality.

However, there's no doubt that 2 cast iron Cadillacs add a bunch of unnecessary weight and complication.

In my opinion a simple mid mounted 900ci aluminum big block Chevrolet with twin turbos would be entirely adequate to power a Yugo.

I'm not knocking the build quality, in fact I really like the way he did the wide body on this car... but the whole concept of using two 500CID cast iron big block V8's is a bit ridiculous....although not the most ridiculous Fiat (group vehicle) ever built... this one probably holds that title

I really don't undestand the whole "burnout" thing ... I mean what does it prove? I figure these guys must be trying to make up for their small brains / small penises by having the largest engine they can?

SteveC

Last edited:
Right up there with the "sport" of drifting which never made any sense to me.
how the sport of drifting made sense to me. Hockey or speed skating Vs Figure skating. Figure Skating is the drifting. We sueed to call drifting learning how to drive in snow in a parking lot.

Odie

Who cares how fast it can go in a straight line if it corners like a mollusc...

I think that way. You think that way. But some don't think that way. Some think there's no point in having a car that gets less than 60MPG.

I don't get twin engine cars in general. Why double the drivetrain weight in order to double horsepower when it's super easy to double the horsepower of a single engine? I had a local friend who built a twin engine Scirocco. I got a ride in it. Sure, it was fast. But it wouldn't have been as fast as a Scirocco with a single 300HP engine, which can be done in a foxtrot. But, hey, if it keeps 'em off drugs it's OK with me.

Drfiting, on the other hand... What kind of a pantywaist excuse for a motorsport is that?

how the sport of drifting made sense to me. Hockey or speed skating Vs Figure skating. Figure Skating is the drifting.

Right. Call it an overly narrow definition, but I say that a sport is *quantitatively* scored. Sports have finish lines to be first to, goals to run to or put balls or pucks through, targets to throw at, etc. If it's judged rather than scored, it's an exhibition and not a sport.

Back