Pete'sX1/9 gets a photoshoot...

petex19

True Classic
One of my very good friends and fellow co-worker has started a photography business on the side "Scourse Photography" and wanted to do a photo shoot of my X so here's some of the photos:

'PeteX1/9

Last edited:
They are gorgious Red Leather Honda S2000 seats that cost me a small fortune but fit amazing and worth every penny.

'PeteX1/9

Pete...looks good.

But just a couple nit picks on the photos (they look better than most of the photos posted).

Your friend has a good eye, but me being a photographer, and moderating a photo board, I feel compelled to point out a few things that would just finish these photos off for me.

Photo 1 - It is a little too contrasty for my taste, but not bad. The power line in the blue sky I would clone out.

photo 2 - great idea, but I want to see more of that blue sky. Illuminating the car and exposing for the sky would set this photo off.

photo 3 - love it

photo 4 - great shot, I might have shot it at a different angle, but that is me.

photo 5 - I really do not like the cut off part of the light on the right of the photo and the added gausian blur of the background makes this my least favorite of them all.

photo 6 - do you parking lights work? They do not look illuminated here. I would also turn the wheels the other way so we can see that rim.

photo 7 - good photo, but I can see him in the reelection in the wheel. That is all I would fix here.

photo 8 - I like the photo, but I think I would like it better with everything closed.

photo 9 - very nice. Maybe a wider depth of field would help.

photo 10 - yummy

photo 11 - little detail. Turn the steering wheel around so it is right side up.

photo 12 - latch the hood (looks popped up) and this is a winner

photo 13 - very cool. I would love to have a poster like this in my garage.

photo 14 - Nice idea, but there is something that does not sit right with me here. I think it is because I see no separation between the tires and the shadows under the car.

Like I said, I think these are some of the best photos posted on this site, which means I better get out before the snow falls and get some shots before I get any more busy....Your friend has a good eye and he will make some car owners very happy, just a few details my photo eye sees.

Good comments

Hi Carl,

I agree, the shots are better than the usual. I liked your commentary as I am trying to learn how to take better car photos.

well now JJ

Don't get me started.

JJ, I think you and a couple others (Ulix and his reborn 74, Brett with his RHD and all the other cars he sees and a few others) do a fine job taking photos of the cars. Car photography is not an easy art. Lighting is really difficult to do properly, and little details bug me. I hope Pete's friend takes what I said and the next time he does car shots he looks for those little details.

But in the end, great looking car and photos...

Thanks

for the link to the Strobist post.

Speedlights will work for me since I like to shoot on location and want to travel light.

Pete... love it all...

BUT...

That caption, "Simpliciy, Elegance, and an Italian Sports Car..."

There ain't nuttin' SIMPLE about YOUR car... COMPLEX would be a more fitting term!

HA...

B-E-A utiful

Amazing Car man lots of attention to detail. Just one quick question, where did you get that amazing icsunonove bertone side shield. I want a pair really really bad.

Back