Portland Fiat parts sale Jan 7-8 to benefit Mark Plaia

HomesForCars

Low Mileage
As cross-posted to the F/S section:

***Date changed to SUNDAY ONLY***
This SUNDAY(Jan 8) I will be selling parts from Mark Plaia's blue 1980 X, either as a clean title car or for parts. And I will be digging into my storage shed to clean out some surplus X parts as well. All the proceeds will go back to Mark to help with his medical bills. Additional donations are also accepted, as appropriate.

Pictures of the car can be seen here:
http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/markscholz/IceBlue X/
There are no pictures of the parts in my storage shed. Consider them simply a bonus for anyone who shows up. [Disclaimer: sorry, no dual carb set-ups or LSD! They are on my racecar!]

It is NOT my intent to pick and ship parts to you from this car. Instead, I will offer my driveway this coming SUNDAY (Jan 8) for you to come and pull parts. Then I will haul the remaining mass to the scrap yard.

Alternately, if you want to buy the entire car as it sits (no drivetrain or interior) with the clean title as a rebuilder, I can deliver it within a reasonable radius. You will need an engine hoist to remove it from my trailer, as there are no wheels under it. See pictures for more details.

***As I do not regularly visit this forum, please send any inquiries to me via email at mark.scholzDDDDDDgmail.com (after replacing the DDDDD with the appropriate symbol)***

A few of you will know me from long ago in the Portland. I'm Mark Scholz, and I've been a long-time Fiat enthusiast more with Mirafiori, as well as several other Italian car clubs. You might also know me through the annual Oregon Fiat campout, my annual Fiats in the Caribbean party, as an instructor at the racetrack, or as the only Oregon Realtor who specializes in homes for car enthusiasts.

Eric, Dean, and I hauled this car out of Mark's garage after his recent diagnosis. As you may know, Mark had started to part out the car. The car is exactly how we hauled it away, complete with extra scrap metal, parts, and two chairs. The car and all of the parts come as they are, for whatever you are willing to pay.

Please help put a few bucks back into Mark's pockets before this car goes away for good.

Last edited:
Looks good from here

Thanks for posting the pics link. Those door panels for instance look pretty nice.

Weather for saturday in PDX is slight chance of rain...

I hope this gets some attention.

So if we are not in the neigborhood...

All the proceeds will go back to Mark to help with his medical bills. Additional donations are also accepted, as appropriate.

But would like to help Mark out, is there a paypal account or something for additional donations?

Thanks,
Pete

Roger on that

But would like to help Mark out, is there a paypal account or something for additional donations?

Thanks,
Pete

I need the front air dam. If any club member is going to pick something up for their own car i need that piece. i will send money by whatever means is best for you with a little extra for your trouble.

Thanks!

I'll be stopping by so if anyone wants me to look for something specific, PM me and I'll see what I can do!

Opps, looks like Sunday only for parts!

**Update**
Looks like I will only be available to do this on Sunday. I have a out-of-state client coming for business, which will need to be on Saturday.

So I will be open for pulling parts on Sunday, 10am until 5pm.

So far it looks like the badges and front spoiler (after cutting) are reserved, plus whatever Jeremy wants to pull.

Please bring your own basic tools, just so there is enough tools. I will have a canopy over the car if it rains. And I have some heavy tools like sawzall, jacks, and jackstands. Email me for my address, as I don't want to publicly post it.

For additional donations...

If you are interested in making additional financial donations via PayPal, then email me directly and I will provide you the link. I've handled monies for both websites in the past, and I'm sure more than a few of the longer-term members can vouch for my integrity.

Every penny raised from this event will be going to Mark and Carol.

If you are interested in making additional financial donations via PayPal, then email me directly and I will provide you the link. I've handled monies for both websites in the past, and I'm sure more than a few of the longer-term members can vouch for my integrity.

Every penny raised from this event will be going to Mark and Carol.

I spoke with Carol (& Mark) just the other morning...
If you are local to Eugene/Springfield, I think she would appreciate:

Her wrists are really hurting. It makes it very difficult for her to drive Mark, or even herself, around. Mark WAS doing most of the driving before... If you could offer half a day to drive them around town running errands that would be great.

Carol needs a temporary ramp built. She is daunted by the project as if it's permanent she would need permits. Her bigger concern is the room needed for the rise.
I have only been to their home once, but I do remember steps to get in. If there is someone you know that can do a sturdy ramp I am sure Carol would like to speak with them.

Carol, from a previous illness, has to look at her feet to confirm where they are. There are some boxes that she had Mark put into the attic that she will want down in a month or two. Someone handy with moving boxes down a ladder, in a few months, would really be appreciated.

Thanks, I wish I was closer.
Chris Obert

Thanks to all who contributed!

Thanks to everyone who showed up to pull parts, as well as those who simply made donations via PayPal (unnamed as I did not ask permission to reveal their identities).

As of today, there is over $300 in an envelope for Mark and Carol.
Perhaps a bit more will come in after I sell a few more parts that I could not bear to get crushed.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!
--Mark

Great job Mark... Perhaps you can...

take some time and post what other parts are still available along with some fotos... Should help promote some more sales.

Rudy Mortero was looking for a better hood and this might fit the bill. He would probably arrange for transport I'm sure if its to his liking...

Back