Pulled this off a Spider today - Not a spider shift knob

mikeystoyz

Hi
Hope this is ok. I pulled this shift knob off a Fiat today and it is not a Fiat shift knob. Anyone have a clue as to what it might be? Any help here is appreciated. Many thanks. It was off a 70s era fiat. Dont know the exact age as I looked through a few of them.
Chris
Chris
20240323_175552.jpg
20240323_175538.jpg

There is a limitless number of aftermarket shift knobs out in the world. Some attach with set screws and some match the threads on the Fiat shift lever. I have no idea where that particular knob came from but if it fits, works and looks good to you than no problem leaving it on.

Have t seen that shape before.
I have a 1972 BS1 which has the black cue ball design with white numerals inset into the surface. 1 to 5 plus 'R'

My guess would be a aftermarket item from the late 60's, 70's or very early 80's. That general style/shape/design was a popular 'accessory' offering from many companies back then. If it has a metal, threaded insert inside the bottom (mounting portion) then it is more likely from that early era I noted. Otherwise if the mounting portion is a plastic insert or not threaded to a specific size (i.e. "universal") then it's more likely newer. Similarly, if it's threaded and fits a stock Fiat shift lever then it is even more likely to be older; the Fiat thread isn't extremely common so it would have been made specifically for a Fiat application.....something not common with newer ones.

Back